All Discussions Tagged 'Insulin' (114)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pump not delivering, not getting a "no delivery" message

I am not receiving a "no delivery" alarm, but I know that I'm not receiving any insulin, because my readings are way too high. The reading…

Started by Asha

7 Jan 11
Reply by karen

Suffering from LADA on 45-15-20 units of insulin at 36 year

Hi Guys, I am suffering from LADA from from last 5 years. Now on insulin from last 3 years. I feel i am on too much insulin I take Humins…

Started by Atul

5 Jan 11
Reply by vpg

Switching From Apidra To Humalog

Hi all, Hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far. So with the new 2015 formulary put out by my insurance company the cost for Apidra i…

Started by Vinnie

0 Jan 9

Insulin not lowering levels?! Can Type 1 become insulin resistant?

Hello, I'm looking for some advice. My glucose levels are almost impossible to bring down and my insulin is at almost double!! What is happ…

Started by HilRE

4 Jan 4
Reply by HilRE

DIABETIC BODY- " You don't look like a diabetic."

http://diabeteshealth.com/read/2008/09/22/5079/scrawny-boy-with-type-1-diabetes-becomes-mr--universe/ Just what does a diabetic look like.…

Started by 1DebY

3 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Nyadach

Strange Insulin Dosage!!??

Hi guys, I've had T1D for about two and a half years now and have noticed some strange changes with my insulin. I have been taking Novorapi…

Started by Padraig

11 Aug 6, 2014
Reply by Padraig

Long time pumper, waiting for some REAL advances

I might be one of the longer pumpers on the forum (33 years since first pump, an AutoSyringe AS*6 single basal rate programmed by diluting…

Started by Yerachmiel Altman

10 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Yerachmiel Altman

Wedding Day - Diabetes Plan

I'm excited to say that while diabetes will have it's own special place on my wedding day (15 days!) - Pump Pocket in my dress, spare meter…

Started by Anne

2 Jun 21, 2014
Reply by Marie B

Starting the process for a pump

Okay my Endo recommended starting pump therapy at the last visit and i thought long and hard for 2 months about if I was going to tansition…

Started by Vinnie

29 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Vinnie

Does the medical team at your local ER know how to care for Type 1 patients?

My PCP sent me to the emergency room last week. I was wondering how other ERs care for Type 1 patients - especially when the apparent reaso…

Started by Marypat

81 Jun 1, 2014
Reply by nel

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service