All Discussions Tagged 'Insulin' (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Strange Insulin Dosage!!??

Hi guys, I've had T1D for about two and a half years now and have noticed some strange changes with my insulin. I have been taking Novorapi…

Started by Padraig

11 Aug 6
Reply by Padraig

Long time pumper, waiting for some REAL advances

I might be one of the longer pumpers on the forum (33 years since first pump, an AutoSyringe AS*6 single basal rate programmed by diluting…

Started by Yerachmiel Altman

10 Jul 22
Reply by Yerachmiel Altman

Wedding Day - Diabetes Plan

I'm excited to say that while diabetes will have it's own special place on my wedding day (15 days!) - Pump Pocket in my dress, spare meter…

Started by Anne

2 Jun 21
Reply by Marie B

Starting the process for a pump

Okay my Endo recommended starting pump therapy at the last visit and i thought long and hard for 2 months about if I was going to tansition…

Started by Vinnie

29 Jun 18
Reply by Vinnie

Does the medical team at your local ER know how to care for Type 1 patients?

My PCP sent me to the emergency room last week. I was wondering how other ERs care for Type 1 patients - especially when the apparent reaso…

Started by Marypat

81 Jun 1
Reply by nel

Question about Insurance Billing and Yearly Amount Limit.

Hi Everyone, I just recently got Anthem BCBS insurance. They have been AMAZING at paying for all of my pump supplies and Dexcom supplies. I…

Started by PumpGirl

10 May 3
Reply by rick the "Blogabetic"

Insulin Nation | The Cure is in Us

Read the full article here. 11-year-old Louis Cocco’s head was barely visible above the podium as he addressed an attentive group in a conf…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

6 Mar 26
Reply by MarinaTheBetes

Endo suggest I start pumping

So I went to the Endo today for the first time in a long time. Mainly due to insurance or lack there of I haven't been able to see an Endo…

Started by Vinnie

7 Feb 17
Reply by Vinnie

Kris Freeman Type 1 Pumper "Going for Gold" in four Cross County Events at Olympics in Sochi

Skiing an endurance event with diabetes is a challenge. But Kris Freeman's inspiring story proves anything is possible. I found out Kris an…

Started by Steve

0 Feb 11

Insulin Pen w/memory got FDA approval

Great news, there is a new insulin pen that uses half unit dosages and has a memory! I personally think I have a good memory, but this woul…

Started by Bram

6 Jan 29
Reply by Sensorium139

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service