All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (78)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Suffering from LADA on 45-15-20 units of insulin at 36 year

Hi Guys, I am suffering from LADA from from last 5 years. Now on insulin from last 3 years. I feel i am on too much insulin I take Humins…

Started by Atul

4 14 hours ago
Reply by angivan

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

238 Dec 12
Reply by artwoman

Doctors/medical community don't care that Type 1s are misdiagnosed

For 18 years, I have tried to change the mindset that Type 1 diabetes is a childhood disease, and to get people with adult-onset Type 1 dia…

Started by Melitta

76 Dec 8
Reply by niccolo

Can you change from Type 2 to Type 1?

I've always wondered if when a person that has Type 2 diabetes ends up going on insulin, no longer producing any of their own,when medicati…

Started by Susan Lopez

81 Oct 9
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Self Diagnosing LADA?

I was diagnosed as a type 1 last year at 32 years old after having the swine flu with an AIC over 10 and test showing GAD antibodies with a…

Started by MattE

18 Sep 20
Reply by Brunetta

TCOYD is having a session on LADA Diagnosed with Type 1 as an Adult

Okay, it's progress! Steve Edelman's Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD), at the November 8 meeting in San Diego (http://tcoyd.org/nati

Started by Melitta

3 Sep 10
Reply by Melitta

New a1C number 5.6 !!!!!!!!

I was dx this year in May at the hospital with BS 820 and a1C @ 15.3. Had new a1C done yesterday and it was 5.6!!!! It was a lot of work, w…

Started by John11

14 Sep 9
Reply by Melitta

Cut carbs, losing weight, but BGs rising? What's wrong with this picture?

All - I've got questions, and I know you've got the answers, or at least can point me in the right direction. I'm still on my low-carb diet…

Started by Kate

29 Sep 5
Reply by Lil~Bit

New to diabetes and frustrated

First, THANK YOU for this site! Next, I am leaving for the holiday weekend so if I do not respond to posts right away, it's because I am o…

Started by Lil~Bit

14 Sep 3
Reply by Lil~Bit

1 hr at 140 Harmful ?

Hi everyone! Since I've found out I likely have early LADA, I've been trying very hard to restrict my carb intake. I've read that it's impo…

Started by bjm2363

103 Sep 2
Reply by JohnG

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service