All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Weird Am I? My 13 Year Honeymoon Continues

I've been lurking here for a few months and it's nice to be here among such knowledgeable people! I'll try to give a brief as possible syno…

Started by Badlands

16 15 hours ago
Reply by JustLookin

New to diabetes and frustrated

First, THANK YOU for this site! Next, I am leaving for the holiday weekend so if I do not respond to posts right away, it's because I am o…

Started by Lil~Bit

5 on Saturday
Reply by acidrock23

1 hr at 140 Harmful ?

Hi everyone! Since I've found out I likely have early LADA, I've been trying very hard to restrict my carb intake. I've read that it's impo…

Started by bjm2363

101 Aug 22
Reply by Terry

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

202 Aug 14
Reply by Randinator

Are you a LADA? What are your Total Daily Doses?

Lately someone started a survey on here about TDD – I found that very interesting and would like to specifically ask the Type 1.5 or LADA d…

Started by julez_79

67 Aug 13
Reply by TrueHeartedOne

Type 1/LADA, insulin resistance, and food allergies

I found this interesting article about how food allergies affect diabetes. It definitely hit home for me and I'm sure for a few others here…

Started by Kate

2 Aug 12
Reply by Kate

My new Position Paper: The Patient-Centered Approach for the Person with Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes

Finally, my position paper is done! Here is the link to my blog. Many thanks to Kris, Michael, Marybeth, and Jen for contributing your stor…

Started by Melitta

8 Aug 4
Reply by Kate

Looking for physician recommendations in Central Florida

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for physicians who are familiar with LADA / Type 1.5 diabetes. I'm in the Lakeland area (between Orl…

Started by TrueHeartedOne

5 Aug 1
Reply by TrueHeartedOne

Supposed "gestational diabetes" diagnosed at 6 weeks and wondering about my current treatment

Hi everyone. I've lurked on here for several months, but this is my first post. I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant with my second child. I was…

Started by ErinWA

1 Jul 31
Reply by MelissaBL

A little surprised...

So, I went to my appointment at NIH last Wednesday. I had been sick with a stomach bug a few days before and wasn't eating much so I expect…

Started by bjm2363

29 Jul 27
Reply by Brian (bsc)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service