All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Life with Type 1.5/LADA: How it all started

Close to 10% of patients diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are actually living with Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA or Type 1.5): i…

Started by Sweeter Cherise

115 Jun 9
Reply by janetiscute

Question about Type 1 vs Type 2

I understand the difference between type 1 and type 2. But I have a question about it. If you are type 2 and your pancreas burns out, are y…

Started by Misty

34 May 20
Reply by DiabetikIvo

I think my new doctor thinks I'm Type 2!!

I switched health insurance recently and went to go see a new doctor, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe that I am Type 1!! I was diagn…

Started by LeeAnneL.

6 May 13
Reply by Melitta

Any other T1/LADAs who are bolus, no basal?

I've seen several references to other T1/LADAs who say when they were diagnosed they initially needed only basal, but no bolus. I'm just th…

Started by SS

86 May 13
Reply by LilliD

Thank You, 100s of tudiabetes Posters (and a question or two)

Maybe this should be a blog not a discussion--I'm very much a newbie. As for most of you, the DX was a shock. I didn't know what the glucos…

Started by zzyzx

33 May 12
Reply by Christopher

Blood Sugar Fluctuations and Frustrations

My blood glucose levels seem to vary a lot week to week and not necessarily based on how many carbs I eat. Last week I had a couple 250s af…

Started by LilliD

7 Mar 30
Reply by LilliD

First appointment

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I stumbled on this website looking for information on diabetes. I have my first appointm…

Started by GailD

32 Mar 28
Reply by GinaY

Still Here, Still Type 1, Still Amazed, Still Trying to Explain

It's been a very, very long time since I've been on this site. I was diagnosed with Type 1 in the spring of 2010. Almost 4 years later, at…

Started by caprifoglio

98 Mar 23
Reply by cdredbaron10

weight loss & improved control

I am a 52-year-old woman, T2, carrying about 20 lbs above the suggested "healthy" BMI. I'm relatively content at my weight, but imagine gre…

Started by Deborah

37 Feb 9
Reply by Deborah

Sitagliptin(Januvia), insulin combination preserved beta-cell function in LADA

Patients diagnosed with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults demonstrated beta-cell preservation when administered sitagliptin and insulin…

Started by TuDiabetes Administration

1 Feb 5
Reply by LilliD

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service