All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Possible LADA dx after Gestational diabetes?

I was diagnosed early on in my pregnancy with gestational diabetes. I controlled it well with diet etc. Now my dtr is almost 11 months old,…

Started by AbbisMom

28 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by SS

LADA Endo Recommendations in DC Area?

Hello Folks, I have type 1 and my sister was just diagnosed with diabetes. But they put her on a anti-diabetic pill and it normalized. She…

Started by Funkyt1diabetic

17 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by AskHealthy

Submit YOUR "Faces of LADA"

Next week, October 15-22, is LADA Awareness Week To help increase understanding and reduce misdiagnosis of latent autoimmune diabetes in ad…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Oct 10, 2012

Seeking stories of misdiagnosis

I came across TUdiabetes about eight months ago when I was looking to understand diabetes and why I had it. With the help of my online frie…

Started by Kelly

172 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by 1DebY

Honeymoon Period

Hi guys, I have a question that I hope some of you have an answer to! I was diagnosed about 4 months ago, and I was told I'm likely a T1D (…

Started by aconnell

8 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by c.schambers

Study finds that 1/3 of people who died due to DKA had not previously been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes

Here is a link to a study that found that of people who died of DKA over a 6 year period in Maryland, about one-third of them died from typ…

Started by Melitta

25 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by nel

horrible article in Women's Health

A while back, an author sought contributions from "young, thin women with Type 2 diabetes" here on TuD. The author was told that those "you…

Started by Melitta

46 May 8, 2012
Reply by Parrformance

I think I might be LADA but am unsure

Hi My name is Pauline I'm 41. I had had stomach pains for a while and in 2009 my GP sent me for a routine blood test. It came back high. Th…

Started by chips

14 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by Melitta

For My Birthday, I Got A New Diagnosis

This is from my blog, here: http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-my-birthday-i-got-new-diagnosis.html  I've been a type 2 diabetic…

Started by Loquacity

10 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Loquacity

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service