All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New here - diabetes, or something else?

Hello everyone -  I joined here a few months ago. This is my first post. :)  I have diabetes in my family - my mom and my older brother, bo…

Started by Jackie

4 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Leo2

Pre-diabetes and LADA

I just joined today. Wow! What a warm welcome! I joined specifically because I wanted to ask this question: For those of you who have been…

Started by nicoline

3 Sep 18, 2010
Reply by nicoline

Diabetic Living article on LADA, featuring our very own Cherise

http://www.diabeticliving-digital.com/diabeticliving/fall2010?pg=45#pg43   Some facts are really wrong (for example, LADA is not some small…

Started by Melitta

18 Sep 12, 2010
Reply by nel

Onset of LADA/Type 1 diabetes during pregnancy

These two scientific articles (below) illustrate the prevalence of autoimmune gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) (onset of Type 1 diabetes…

Started by Melitta

0 Aug 20, 2010

LADA is Dead: Long Live Autoimmune Diabetes

I requested the article from O. Rolandsson and Jerry Palmer, "Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA) is Dead:  Long Live Autoimmune Di…

Started by Melitta

5 May 15, 2010
Reply by Gerri

LADA/Type 1.5 article in May 2010 Diabetes Forecast

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/other-diabetes-lada-or-type-15   Finally, ADA gives some acknowledgement of LADA.  It's not…

Started by Melitta

1 May 12, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Autoimmune Gestational Diabetes (Type 1 that develops in pregnancy)

Hi!  I just published a blog post (see Blogs) on autoimmune gestational diabetes, in case you are interested.  Melitta

Started by Melitta

0 Apr 12, 2010

LADA AS AUTO IMMUNE DISORDER

Hey is any one out there that is IR and other creepy stuff? It is almost impossible to get control your diabetes because no two days are a…

Started by Wornout

0 Mar 19, 2010

Has anyone noticed that we've all been proved right?

I, like, so many other friends I've encountered on TU found this site looking for information about LADA. If you follow the stories of all…

Started by Kelly

59 Mar 2, 2010
Reply by nel

Well Known People with Adult Onset Type 1 diabetes (LADA)

I am compiling a list of well known people with adult onset Type 1 diabetes/LADA, who were either incorrectly diagnosed as Type 2 initially…

Started by Melitta

5 Feb 15, 2010
Reply by Sarah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service