All Discussions Tagged 'LADA' (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

For My Birthday, I Got A New Diagnosis

This is from my blog, here: http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-my-birthday-i-got-new-diagnosis.html  I've been a type 2 diabetic…

Started by Loquacity

10 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Loquacity

Insulin Dependency Reversing??

Hello Everyone, This is my first time posting, love the site so far, great community. But I have a huge problem, and I wanted to see if an…

Started by Elizabeth Byrd

25 Nov 24, 2011
Reply by smeeta

LADA defined, diabetes experts weigh in at DiabetesMine

Here is a link to DiabetesMine, where experts weigh in on the question of what is Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA). I especially…

Started by Melitta

1 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by stevek

Do emotions really play into your bg #s?

So.. I just have to rant.. I work in a doctor's office -- when I had gotten in to open up the clinic, the person that usually comes in at…

Started by RissaMae83

24 Oct 27, 2011
Reply by Erin Huff Carper

I had a horrible doctor visit today, need to vent!

Went in for my 3 month visit at the diabetes clinic and it did not go well in my opinion. This is very, very long, and I am sorry, but I am…

Started by sparkysmom

110 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by sparkysmom

I suspect my T2 is really T1.5, but my doc poo-poos blood tests!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am hoping you don’t mind if I share my story with you.I will try to make this as brief as possible.Fi…

Started by sparkysmom

20 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Lila

LADA bloggers and Twitter users of the world, unite!

Oct. 18 to Oct. 24, 2010 is LADA Awareness Week. Please help raise LADA Awareness!! Make sure to include the #LADAWeek hashtag in your twee…

Started by Manny Hernandez

9 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by Domingo Liotta

Victoza for LADA

I was diagnosed with LADA a few months ago. After several doctors diagnosed me first with T2, I was finally referred to a re known speciali…

Started by Silverhill2570

7 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by LiL MaMa

Safeway Pharmacy magazine article on Type 1.5

The Safeway Pharmacy's magazine called "Managing Diabetes" published a great article on Type 1.5. It's authored by a doctor and diabetes ed…

Started by Kelly

20 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by nel

Menstrual cycle and Blood Glucose

Hi All, I was mis-diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a year ago, and finally typed and re-classified with LADA a few months ago. I am on Humalo…

Started by anna

19 Nov 17, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service