All Discussions Tagged 'MODY' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MODY anyone?

Does anyone have the MODY form of diabetes? I know there is a group but it is quite inactive. I saw my PA today and we've come up with a d…

Started by GailD

6 7 hours ago
Reply by GailD

article on monogenic diabetes (MODY) in Chicago Sun-Times

Below are some excerpts from a Chicago Sun-Times article entitled "Diabetes expert Dr. Louis Philipson stresses importance of accurate diag…

Started by Melitta

2 Sep 15, 2013
Reply by marty1492

Joslin Scientists Generate First Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells from Patients with Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young

Opens New Possibilities for Studying Diabetes and Testing Treatments. Joslin scientists report the first generation of human induced plurip…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Feb 1, 2013
Reply by Mishi

For My Birthday, I Got A New Diagnosis

This is from my blog, here: http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-my-birthday-i-got-new-diagnosis.html  I've been a type 2 diabetic…

Started by Loquacity

10 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Loquacity

test that distinguishes MODY from Type 1

This presentation on an outpatient test that distinguishes between MODY and Type 1 diabetes was presented at the EASD 47th Annual Meeting.…

Started by Melitta

1 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Anyone Carb Sensitive in Late Afternoon vs Morning?

I can't figure this out but I'm suspecting it's the Lantus. I take 15U in am, 10U in pm. I also take Metformin 1000 2x day. I can tolerate…

Started by Cheri

19 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by irene

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service