All Discussions Tagged 'Sick' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sinus / high BGs

I seem to have a sinus infection and my BG has gone wild. Up to 360 overnight, boluses every couple hours, down to around 300 now. I'm a pu…

Started by Bobbie1000

5 Jul 8, 2012
Reply by MyBustedPancreas

Sick, Sick, Sick: Is This the New Norm?

ARGH! This morning, Samantha has a fever and a honking cough! And I just met with her English teacher about make-up work & told her our…

Started by samsmom

15 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by Emily

Sick Days =(

I'm a new T1 D, and lucky me I'm starting to get a cold. Runny, stuffy nose, scratchy throat. No sign of a fever yet but I'm keeping an eye…

Started by AlliCat

4 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Tom T

How to bring down high BG's when sick with a cold or flu.

I have been very sick since Wednesday with some sort of a cold or something. I plan to go to the Dr. in the morning, because its not going…

Started by Bobby

27 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by claire whitehead

Hypothroidism - After Medication Do You Really Feel Better?

Hi All - I have been feeling really poorly for quite some time and progressively getting worse. My main complaint is extreme fatigue and tr…

Started by Brenda

2 Jan 22, 2009
Reply by Lindsay

How to figure a manual shot when BG is high.

I have had Bronchitis since Wednesday last week, and fighting high BG's all week long. I started a Temporary Basal last night as per Medtro…

Started by Bobby

10 Dec 4, 2008
Reply by Katie I.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service