All Discussions Tagged 'Type' (167)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Not sure. Mody or LADA?

Hi all, New user here and first time poster. Anyway, I've been diagnosed as a Type 2 for a little over a year now. I do not fit your typica…

Started by Augustus27

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

How did you find out you had Type 2?

I'm just curious to hear how others were diagnosed with Type 2. I think this disease got about a two- to five-year head start on me because…

Started by Kelly

115 Apr 1
Reply by Nancy beneteai

Frequent of hypos and how to avoid it?

I really need your help. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on April 8, 2013. My first doses (MDI) when first diagnosed is 10u breakfast,…

Started by Lyna

3 Mar 17
Reply by Sensorium139

Menopause and Type I Diabetes

Does any other menopausal woman out there have upward spikes of BGLs when having hot flashes? Mine can go up as much as 100 points for no o…

Started by Teresa

11 Feb 25
Reply by Debbie

Survey on How Mentors Affect Type 1 Diabetics During Diagnosis

To whom it may concern: Hello! My name is Gianni Figueroa, and I am a fellow Type 1 diabetic. I was diagnosed at the age of four, and being…

Started by DomCobb1

3 Jan 22
Reply by DomCobb1

Help, albumin in urine?

Hello. So, I've had type 2 for at least 7 years. I suffer from bipolar disorder with serious depression. So I did not take any control of i…

Started by Dawnnikki98

6 Jan 17
Reply by Dave

Team Type 1 Foundation Partners with Rwandan Ministry of Health

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Team Type 1 Foundation, a nonprofit organization pursuing a global mission of education, empowerment and equa…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

2 Jan 15
Reply by swisschocolate

Living With the Diabolical Diabetes: my guide!!

**DISCLAIMER** Remember: I'm not a doctor, speaking from my 20 years of T1, and my mom also being T1 for 20 years. I am 23 at the moment,…

Started by onelildustbunni

18 Nov 27, 2013
Reply by Luffy

HELLO!!

I am a TYPE 1--going on 33 years and counting..here is my story...I would love to have discussions with folks in similar situations and/or…

Started by The Rocket Mom

0 Oct 21, 2013

Lowering A1C

Hi friends! I need some advice on lowering my A1C quickly. I am a 33 year old type 1, diagnosed at 18 months old almost 32 years ago. I hav…

Started by kristy

16 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by Michelle

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service