All Discussions Tagged 'Type1' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What triggered your Type 1?

Any idea what caused/triggered your T1? Since science can't tell us yet, just wondered if any of you had flu, illness, etc in the months pr…

Started by Denise

159 Apr 5
Reply by Jan

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO COCO????

There was a new kid on the block...she came in making a big splash in 2010, and nothing much has been heard from her since. You know who I'…

Started by Linda G

24 Jan 2
Reply by Marie B

When People Tell You About the "Latest Cure" For Type 1 . . .

Hi All, I'm new here. A short bio: Mom of a 7 year old girl, Elizabeth, dx'd Type 1 right after Memorial Day in full DKA. She was in inte…

Started by Lizzy's Mom

23 Jul 3, 2013
Reply by nel

Newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

Hi!​​. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and require insulin injections 4 times a day (10 units per injection). But, the problem is my b…

Started by Lyna

8 May 10, 2013
Reply by Terry

Team Type1 & Novo Nordisk--All Diabetic Professional Cycling Team

TEAM TYPE 1 AND NOVO NORDISK PARTNER TO CREATE TEAM NOVO NORDISK Team Type 1 and Novo Nordisk announce the launch of Team Novo Nordisk- the…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Dec 21, 2012

Insulin Build up anyone?

Ive been diabetic for 18 years, i was 11 months old when i was diagnosed, now I'm 19. When i was little, for about 6-7years i did my needle…

Started by GummyBearSteff

8 May 29, 2012
Reply by Brunetta

Medtronic's pump upgrade program

I am wondering whether anyone has made use of Medtronic's pump upgrade program. Money is a little tight right now and Eric's pump is only 2…

Started by Elizabeth

5 Feb 6, 2012
Reply by jowhaley

Faustman Lab Update

Newsletter update from the Faustman Lab: "Dear Friends, We've come a long way since 2001, when we first announced we could reverse type 1…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Dec 15, 2011

Does anyone else's body not respond the same from day to day?

One day I will eat eggs and pancakes and not give insulin and I only go to 160 and then back down (on a basal of 1.5) then the next day try…

Started by Sick of TYPE 1

38 May 19, 2011
Reply by Sick of TYPE 1

A1c and CGM not matching

just got back from my doc- A1c is 9.1 (214 avg over 3months) but my CGM says over the last 28 days My avg (it checks every 5 mins) is 166 b…

Started by Sick of TYPE 1

12 May 17, 2011
Reply by Sick of TYPE 1

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service