All Discussions Tagged 'a' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poem: To Love a Diabetic

To love a diabetic is to be a doctor. It means helping her to remember her medications. It means driving her for an hour to the only 24 hou…

Started by Marps

36 Sep 14
Reply by Zoe

LFAC JOINS FORCES WITH MARJORIE’S FUND TO SUPPORT CHILDREN WITH DIABETES

Original article from IDF The collaboration between independent organisations within the international diabetes community is growing to be…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jan 28

Please read this, I am really hurting because of this

I always enjoyed eating. I was overweight for a period of time when I was a kid but never really fat, just chubby. I took SO much pleasure…

Started by danmdphd

27 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Leah

What does your "low" feel like

Write the short story of a low that you've had! Not "...the I was confused/sweaty and tested..." Try and write a story that shares what's g…

Started by Stuart

10 Dec 1, 2012
Reply by acidrock23

Today is THANKSGIVING

I know many of us are not in America, but today is a day of thanks.  It is not a day for warring, or arguing... it is not a day for whining…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

0 Nov 25, 2010

'Prescription Tattoos' to help diabetics monitor blood-glucose level

Interesting idea for bg level control hopefully come into reality:) "Tattoos are no more just to beautify someone’s body or just way of ex…

Started by amy

1 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by dannyboy

I'm asking again, what should I do?

This has been a summer of medical mysteries and chaos.The latest being, given too much Metformin with an A1C of 5.2......the max dosage is…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

15 Jul 28, 2010
Reply by Cathy Jacobson

How can newly-diagnosed Type 1s be approached to be in studies? Once they are 10 weeks past diagnosis, the opportunity to study the progression of their disease goes away!

I am doing some research on this problem. I know that the family and the patient are in a state of shock with all that they must learn and…

Started by Chris Stiehl

26 Jun 22, 2010
Reply by Chris Stiehl

Is a Carb a Carb???????

My   questions my seems silly, but  hey it is what it is...   Recently  I went to a new Endo,  after presenting my 7.1 A1c to her  , she…

Started by Magic

8 Mar 14, 2010
Reply by Leo2

I need a Punch in my face!

Hello my TuFriends, I know I have not been here a lot lately, since my busy life taking all my time! What I need from you is to be bad for…

Started by Ahmad

25 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by paul thennes

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service