All Discussions Tagged 'airport' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bad experiences with people since getting my omnipod

Ive only been on the pod for about 3 weeks now, and so far a lot of ups and downs. My depression overall is overwhelming. I don't want to s…

Started by Jolleygirl

5 on Sunday
Reply by Marie B

Traveling?

I am flying for the first time during the end of the month for a choir trip to New York! I am so excited! I was wondering if the security i…

Started by Caren

4 May 2, 2013
Reply by lisaNC

Airport Scanners, Traveling with an Insulin Pump

I wanted to share this blog after I ran across some trouble travelling for Christmas: http://www.diabetessuppliesplus.com/blog/?p=338 Plz r…

Started by Grandwagoneer

2 Dec 26, 2012
Reply by Lois

Blood meters - can they go thru' the X-ray machine at airport security without being compromised?

There's been alot of discussion lately on TSA beefing up their security as of October 29, 2010 and also for those of us who travel with dia…

Started by FatCatAnna

9 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Alternatives to TSA's Pat Down/Body Scanner Policy

The experts weigh in on alternatives to body scanners & aggressive pat downs.   I smiled at the statement that TSA has become a jobs pr…

Started by Gerri

20 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Airport Travel w/ Pump

Hi, I was recently put through additional airport screening when the security agent manning the walk through scan at security SAW my pump c…

Started by Lori Koch

26 Dec 20, 2009
Reply by Tee

Insulin Pumps and Airports

So... I went to the airport for the first time as a pumper a couple years ago and I had an "issue" with my pump. I was going through securi…

Started by Jessica Lastre

8 May 28, 2009
Reply by Renegadez

Anyone flown with no prescription labels?

In Germany, Greece and possibly other European countries the pharmacy does not put any type of prescription label on. You just get the medi…

Started by DBunny

3 Jul 9, 2007
Reply by KellyDH

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service