All Discussions Tagged 'b2s' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bullying at school

I'm new to the forum, but I've read posts and things before. I need some advice about being bullied at school. There are these two guys in…

Started by Tiggy1994

14 May 9, 2013
Reply by beechbeard

Back to School!! What are your thoughts and concerns?

It's that exciting time of year... back to school time!!  For people with diabetes, and their loved-ones, going back to school can carry ma…

Started by Emily Coles

11 Sep 30, 2012
Reply by meee

Pumping and school

I am wanting to switch my daughter over to a pump sometime in the next year. By then, she will be in school and there are days where both h…

Started by Jen

6 Jun 12, 2012
Reply by nel

Kindergarten

I'm preparing myself and my diabetic daughter for Kindergarten next fall (6 months away). I don't talk to the school about the diabetes stu…

Started by sweettooth

4 Mar 18, 2012
Reply by Sophia'smommyLori

Testing glucose at locker at school.

Should my daughter be able to test at her locker in middle school? Bridget is just starting sixth grade and she did not want to go to the n…

Started by Kelly

10 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Kelly

Diabetic Kids in Private School situations?

Hello~ I'm contemplating school for Elisabeth next year and would like to send her to the private school her sister attends, however they d…

Started by Jessica05

16 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Sareln Pupkies

handing over diabetes management to your child

I was talking to my mother about my new family on TuDiabetes and how cool it would have been to have something like this around when I was…

Started by Bec

22 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Lorraine

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service