All Discussions Tagged 'basal' (65)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Basal Testing Instructions for MDI

Can someone point me to where those are? I thought they were posted in a discussion recently but I can find them now. I need to do this for…

Started by meee

4 Jul 15
Reply by meee

Self Diagnosing LADA?

I was diagnosed as a type 1 last year at 32 years old after having the swine flu with an AIC over 10 and test showing GAD antibodies with a…

Started by MattE

13 Jun 27
Reply by JohnG

Basal test

So, the past two days I skipped breakfast to run a basal test. These are the results I got. June 12: 3:00 - Basal rate 1.30 u/hr 6:30 - 6.3…

Started by Jen

9 Jun 14
Reply by Jen

A thought for those scared to pump ...

For those who are scared to try the pump (or who tried it and hated it) because of reliability issues or fear of DKA, have you thought of u…

Started by Jen

10 Jun 6
Reply by Jen

Gym Profile for Pump: New Basal Timing

I just got the Tandem tslim pump and want to begin testing a workout profile. I am a little confused about one thing though. I can set vari…

Started by DFresh

5 May 15
Reply by DianaS

Any other T1/LADAs who are bolus, no basal?

I've seen several references to other T1/LADAs who say when they were diagnosed they initially needed only basal, but no bolus. I'm just th…

Started by SS

86 May 13
Reply by Lilli D

First Post - Basal testing burning me out

Hi. This is Chadha, 22. This is my first post here. I was diagnosed in June 2000 as T1 IDDM. Had been on MDIs until November 2013. I have a…

Started by Chadha

86 Feb 8
Reply by 2hobbit1

Gastroparesis and basal testing

Does anyone here have experience with gastroparesis and basal testing? Since I never know when my stomach will empty, how can I get an accu…

Started by LASmith2

4 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Terry

help! started exercising and my basals are insane :(

I haven't exercised regularly in several years, so I decided it was time to get with the program (even though I would much rather be sittin…

Started by rubidoux

1 Apr 2, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

Basal Rate Differentiation

I was just wanting to see other peoples different basal rates. Since I have started coming out of my honeymoon period, the differences of b…

Started by Benjamin McLaughlin

1 Feb 19, 2013
Reply by Kim

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service