All Discussions Tagged 'basal' (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insulin not working to lower BG after 34+ years of T1D

Hi all ! I really need some help here...I have been T1D since 1980 just got a CGM this month...still take shots can't afford the pump &…

Started by KayLo

23 on Sunday
Reply by Terry

Basal Testing

Hello All! Just wanted to hear everyone's experience with basal testing. I know this is a necessary step in determining appropriate setting…

Started by tebbemae

9 Aug 11
Reply by lh378

How do I know what to modify?

Hello, I'm a new Animas Ping pumper. How do I know what I should modify if I'm going low? I've already adjusted my basal rate, per my endo.…

Started by T2DMcB

6 Aug 2
Reply by Mimikins

Morning Lows

All this past week I've been waking up low...at first it was in the low 4's, then the mid 3's and today I woke at 2.3 (still feel shaky). I…

Started by Havarti

4 Aug 1
Reply by JustLookin

How Do I Know Whether It's My Basal or Bolus That Needs Adjusting?

I've been using Apidra in the Omnipod for about 2 and a half years now and last week I switched to Novolog. With Apidra I was all over the…

Started by Steve

5 Aug 1
Reply by karen

Basal Testing Instructions for MDI

Can someone point me to where those are? I thought they were posted in a discussion recently but I can find them now. I need to do this for…

Started by meee

4 Jul 15
Reply by meee

Self Diagnosing LADA?

I was diagnosed as a type 1 last year at 32 years old after having the swine flu with an AIC over 10 and test showing GAD antibodies with a…

Started by MattE

13 Jun 27
Reply by JohnG

Basal test

So, the past two days I skipped breakfast to run a basal test. These are the results I got. June 12: 3:00 - Basal rate 1.30 u/hr 6:30 - 6.3…

Started by Jen

9 Jun 14
Reply by Jen

A thought for those scared to pump ...

For those who are scared to try the pump (or who tried it and hated it) because of reliability issues or fear of DKA, have you thought of u…

Started by Jen

10 Jun 6
Reply by Jen

Gym Profile for Pump: New Basal Timing

I just got the Tandem tslim pump and want to begin testing a workout profile. I am a little confused about one thing though. I can set vari…

Started by DFresh

5 May 15
Reply by DianaS

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service