All Discussions Tagged 'basal' (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

First Post - Basal testing burning me out

Hi. This is Chadha, 22. This is my first post here. I was diagnosed in June 2000 as T1 IDDM. Had been on MDIs until November 2013. I have a…

Started by Chadha

86 Feb 8
Reply by 2hobbit1

help! started exercising and my basals are insane :(

I haven't exercised regularly in several years, so I decided it was time to get with the program (even though I would much rather be sittin…

Started by rubidoux

1 Apr 2, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

Basal Rate Differentiation

I was just wanting to see other peoples different basal rates. Since I have started coming out of my honeymoon period, the differences of b…

Started by Benjamin McLaughlin

1 Feb 19, 2013
Reply by Kim

New Basal Insulin My Endo mentioned...

Hello Everyone, On my last visit my endo mentioned a new basal insulin which is in approval at the FDA and which may be out in a few months…

Started by meee

16 Dec 21, 2012
Reply by Gareth

Need Opinions!! My T1 is having high blood sugars....

Hello, I need some opinions on what you would do..... My son which is on a pump is eating breakfast at 8:15am getting his bolus 15 minutes…

Started by c.schambers

13 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by jwinc

Please be my basal buddy

I've put off overnight basal rate testing. Can't. Wake. Up. Anyone else need to do some testing? I need a basal buddy. Want to join me, l…

Started by Kelly Rawlings

20 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by c.schambers

help with fixing basals

Hi All, After receiving an A1c of 8.0, I recently tightened my diabetes control and now I have been going low everyday... and im sick of it…

Started by Maria R.

2 Jul 5, 2012
Reply by Maria R.

Fasting For A Basal Adjustment

Hi! I have been doing mini fasts to test my basal rate at different parts of the day. I would love to do a full day fast, however I have no…

Started by Jet Landis

7 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by MyBustedPancreas

i Do Not Need To Do My Basal/Bolus Insulin Whenever i Go out! (or need much little)

yeah, let's assume i am outside right now and it is 18.00 pm. normally i should do 6 units of insulin if i was at home for my basal. howeve…

Started by musichopin

9 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Leo2

Pump Start Basal Rate Testing

Hi My 8 yr old dd is scheduled to start pumping (Animas Ping) on Friday. We are excited and nervous all at the same time. Can anyone give m…

Started by sweet livy loo's mom

10 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Zoe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service