All Discussions Tagged 'bolus' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Basal vs Bolus - lessons learned

It's so easy to get into a rut or develop (and continue!) bad habits. I hope this generates some discussion of the basal/bolus breakdown. I…

Started by Zoe

20 Feb 14
Reply by meee

UPDATE!!! iD-Cal v3.0 is NOW available

Well, it's been awhile but I've finally found some time to get this web app updated. Re-wrote most of the programming and added some new fe…

Started by Jared

0 Oct 11, 2013

Insulin on board: pumps and their bolus wizard

Version 2.0: I did some rewording. Thanks for the feedback! Insulin on board (IOB) is a feature of most modern insulin pumps. For our Gluco…

Started by Holger Schmeken

41 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

Taking insulin for protein and fat!

Hey there, I've been experimenting with a low carb diet and am noticing that I need to take insulin for fat and protein in my foods. I can'…

Started by Hannah Hamlin

15 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Hannah Hamlin

eating right before bed?

I have noticed that when I eat right before bed (and bolus correctly), I almost always wake up with high BG. I suspect that the role of act…

Started by Brandon Burkhardt

15 Dec 19, 2012
Reply by Jethro

Need Opinions!! My T1 is having high blood sugars....

Hello, I need some opinions on what you would do..... My son which is on a pump is eating breakfast at 8:15am getting his bolus 15 minutes…

Started by c.schambers

13 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by jwinc

Bolus delivery from pump suddenly having no effect.

As stated in the title, my pump boluses suddenly stopped working yesterday. The bolus runs fine, none of those annoying "NO DELIVERY" or "M…

Started by Diabeetus

11 Jan 1, 2012
Reply by Trudy

Correction Bolus

Last night after eating my dinner I was still hungry so I decided to snack a little bit. So for the snacks I ate I did not bolus. When I to…

Started by Unknown Diabetic

31 Nov 21, 2011
Reply by jrtpup

Caught in a cycle and I don't know how to get out!

I really need good advice. For the past year I've felt really helpless in my situation and I'm losing hope that things will get better. Fo…

Started by Kelly

29 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by Rica

Sites for infusion set & painful bolus

Two questions: 1. Where do you put your infusion set for it to be the least painful to insert and the least obtrusive to wear? So far, my…

Started by AustinMom

10 Oct 11, 2011
Reply by robrike

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service