All Discussions Tagged 'books' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grandma Sandy Finds New Home at Diabetes Hands Foundation

Grandma Sandy Finds New Home at Diabetes Hands Foundation Special fund established to support initiatives for grandparents of, parents of,…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Apr 5
Reply by Judith in Portland

book The End of Diabetes

Anyone familiar with Joel Fuhrman's newest book, The End of Diabetes? While I'm always skeptical of promises to "reverse" diabetes, I'm won…

Started by Deborah

5 Jan 17, 2013
Reply by Brian (bsc)

New Novel's Protagonist has Type 1 Diabetes--blog on JDRF's Juvenation

Blog post by William Sorensen on JDRF's Juvenation July 18,2012 In the newly released True Believers, author Kurt Andersen’s narrator and l…

Started by Emily Coles

1 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by acidrock23

Great-Auntie's Book and Beverage Club?

UPDATE: I am going to be delayed on this virtual book club kick-off because I had an opportunity today to go out of town in order to hear t…

Started by LaGuitariste

0 Feb 22, 2012

Dante's Inferno

My teenage son has expressed a STRONG interest in the book "Dante's Inferno". Borrowed sentiments from it many times, both here and elsewhe…

Started by Stuart

3 May 16, 2011
Reply by Stuart

What Books Have Helped You?

People frequently suggest books. I thought it would be helpful to have a separate thread so people can directly search, rather than info be…

Started by Gerri

13 Mar 8, 2011

Best Diabetes Books

This is my list of best diabetes books. In particular, Dr. Bernstein's book, Amy Tenderich's title and Gretchen Becker's book (for Type 2's…

Started by Manny Hernandez

22 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by BadMoonT2

Hope Warshaw's latest book, Real-Life Guide to Diabetes: How to Handle Everyday Emergencies and More

Check out Hope Warshaw's latest book about living with diabetes: Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE, BC-ADM, is a nationally recognized dietitian…

Started by amy mercer

0 Jun 1, 2009

Diabetes April Fool's Contest today!!

Send us your April Fool funnies for a chance to win a copy of Haidee Merritt's new book: "One Lump or Two: Things that Suck About Diabetes"…

Started by Amy Tenderich

8 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

diabetes fiction

Kerri over at Six Until Me just posted about Stacey in the Baby-Sitters Club books. It got me thinking about one of my favorite books when…

Started by mollyjade

2 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Linda G

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service