All Discussions Tagged 'carbs' (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Weekly traveler.... What and where to eat?

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I was recently diagnosed T1D this past Christmas Eve after months of losing weight and uncon…

Started by Jacklo322

24 Feb 16
Reply by yeagen

New Research on High Glucose Levels

I am sure some have already seen this latest research and I am also sure that some of you have known for years that the ADA glucose levels…

Started by Bob Martin

18 Feb 13
Reply by Terrie

do you look at total carbs or only net carbs when you calculate insulin dose?

I was wondering if calculating total carbs is more important than net carbs.

Started by v/prediabetic

18 Feb 3
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Personal SGIs

Hi Everyone, An engineer friend, Derek Paice, came up with the idea of the "substance glycemic index," or SGI, which is essentially a GI bu…

Started by gretchen

23 Jan 12
Reply by Brian (bsc)

How Many Carbs Do You Eat per Meal per Day?

I try to shoot for no more than 50 gr per meal and shoot for under 200 total per day. But reading in Jenny's blog, I am thinking I should b…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1322 Jan 5
Reply by Buckley83

Increased Carbohydrate Sensitivity with Low-Carb Diet

For some background info: I'm a type weird, possibly MODY 3 but possibly really, really atypical T2, on 2.4 mg of Cycloset (Bromocriptine M…

Started by guitarnut

13 Nov 11, 2014
Reply by Sam

Low Carb Smoothie Ideas?

I've been on a smoothie kick lately after having some dental issues. I've been trying to come up with a frozen fruit smoothie that is fairl…

Started by Lilli

24 Nov 11, 2014
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Any good breakfast ideas?

Good morning all - I am newly diagnosed T1 and am struggling to come up with good breakfast ideas. What are some of your favorites/standard…

Started by Caroline

57 Nov 10, 2014
Reply by mama11

More Proof that Low-Carb Diets Are Good

As if we needed any, right? I know it's been a long time since I last posted--medical school's insane. Yeah, I knew what I was getting myse…

Started by guitarnut

19 Nov 8, 2014
Reply by Sam

Quick Update

Just an update since my last visit to NIH in July when I was diagnosed with LADA. My A1c was 5.9 while eating the recommended 60 grams carb…

Started by bjm2363

62 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by bjm2363

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service