All Discussions Tagged 'carbs' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Many Carbs Do You Eat per Meal per Day?

I try to shoot for no more than 50 gr per meal and shoot for under 200 total per day. But reading in Jenny's blog, I am thinking I should b…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1301 Mar 30
Reply by Bubbagaga

Diet and Extra Insulin Requirements

Hi guys, I'm new to TuDiabetes, excited to get know you guys. :) I've had an on-going problem for awhile, when it come to finding the right…

Started by AnJaleh

13 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Shawnmarie

best app for carb counts

Well I finally succumbed - bought a smart phone (which is a lot smarter than I am - still learning) Anyway, I did it because I was in a res…

Started by artwoman

8 Nov 24, 2013
Reply by Marie B

Portable low-carb food for a Type 2

I frequently have to attend meetings, workshops, etc. two hours away from my home. I eat low-carb, high protein with veggies. I find it har…

Started by Leigh Ann

15 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by Marie B

Diabetic Meal Plan

Can somebody help me? I have been searching for a diabetic meal plan online with no success. I have to eat 150 - 195 carbs per day. I am ty…

Started by denipink

12 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by NMSunshine

Great article: "Best Diabetes Diet (According to the Research)"

The March 7 issue of Diabetes Daily newsletter kicks off with a great article summarizing a research review of different diets and their ef…

Started by Emily Coles

10 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Gerri

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Net Carbs Vs. Total Carbs

This subject comes up frequently & for good reason. It's confusing! Sharing a great blog post from a wonderfully informative blog. All…

Started by Gerri

4 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by smileandnod

The easiest pasta to carb count

Try Barilla Mezze Rigatoni. Each rigatoni is 1 gram of carb. I have double-checked it with my Eat Smart scale. Check out Manny's video on t…

Started by Marie B

13 Jul 14, 2012
Reply by Nena

Any good breakfast ideas?

Good morning all - I am newly diagnosed T1 and am struggling to come up with good breakfast ideas. What are some of your favorites/standard…

Started by Caroline

53 Jun 28, 2012
Reply by ycarter43

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service