All Discussions Tagged 'cell' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Type 1 Diabetes Therapy Funded by Stem Cell Agency Submits Application to Start Clinical Trial

July 17, 2014 San Francisco, CA – A promising treatment for type 1 diabetes that has received almost $40 million in funding from the stem c…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

2 Jul 20
Reply by yank

Does Any Other Diabetic Have Spherocytosis Or Family Member With The Blood Disorder !

I was diagnosed at 13 with Type 1 Diabetes, at 14 my Doctors saw that my Spleen was swollen and then the endless blood work started. I am 4…

Started by david-1968

0 Feb 4

Islet Cell antibody test level decreased to none

Hi, My son was dx'd 9 months ago at age 8. His A1C was 13.9. He was GADA negative and his ICA (islet cell antibody) level was 1:8. Over the…

Started by dawniew3

2 Feb 14, 2013
Reply by Gerri

Will Stelera to treat psoriasis increase Type 1s residual beta cell function?

Stelera is a newer injectable drug that is approved to help treat psoriasis. Psoriasis is another autoimmune condition that I have. It caus…

Started by Capin101

7 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Capin101

Gestational Diabetes Discovery Key to Beta Cell Growth and Regeneration Efforts

Last month in Nature Medicine, UCSF Diabetes Center researcher Michael German MD reported that he and his team have solved an age-old quest…

Started by TuDiabetes Administration

4 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by Megan S

Sanofi launches iPhone glucose monitor, diabetes coaching

Article in FiercePharma, 3/29/2012 Sanofi seems to be listening to the woe-is-pharma's-business-model talk from industry experts. As consu…

Started by Emily Coles

12 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by acidrock23

Stem Cells May Help in Type 1 Diabetes

I saw these articles recently and wanted to share them with everyone. http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Diabetes/30633 http://www.d

Started by trc0705

2 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by trc0705

Would You Do Something This Drastic to Be D-Free Temporarily?

On the way to dinner on Saturday night with the kids, I tried to get my husband's attention. "Sorry, I was just deep in thought." "About…

Started by Traci

9 Feb 8, 2011
Reply by Jag1

disconnected cell phone can still dial 911 for free?

So I thought about this from another thread I was reading about something totally different. I have 2 disconnected cell phones. I heard a c…

Started by MikeyType1

8 Aug 22, 2010
Reply by MikeyType1

Stem Cell Research: Your Thoughts

Where do you guys stand on stem cell research?

Started by Manny Hernandez

63 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by Tom Goffe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service