All Discussions Tagged 'complications' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Long term prognosis for controlled type 1s?

So, I'm now into my 6th year of membership in the T1 club. Late onset at 39 years old. I'm 6'1" and 165lbs. Most of the time I have been ke…

Started by Chris

90 Mar 30
Reply by Zoe

What do you have the hardest time w/ accepting about diabetes?

I saw a couple of links posted on another discussion board, so I clicked on it and it brought me to a ton of videos we could all relate to(…

Started by Nicole

94 Feb 21
Reply by Sandy

Tight control is HARD! Why do it?

Because blindness, dialysis, amputation, and heart disease is harder! Results from the DCCT and the longitudinal followup EDIC study: Note,…

Started by Dave

106 Oct 20, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

What are we afraid of?

I was recently looking through the slews of conversations on TuDiabetes in preparation for a talk on how the issue of diabetes complication…

Started by Emily Coles

119 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Alan

AACE: 80% of misdiagnosed LADAs already had complications in recent study

In a presentation at the May 2012 American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist's (AACE) meeting (article here), investigators reported…

Started by Melitta

63 Jun 14, 2013
Reply by Melitta

a cry for help

(Warning: Very long and detailed but please read if you have the time. I very much need the help) Hey everyone, I'm 18 year old freshman at…

Started by Megasaurus_Rex

34 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Debra Marek

June blog topic #2: It’s Complicated

Do you have any complications from diabetes?  What are your experiences with complications?  If you don’t have any complications, what are…

Started by Emily Coles

34 Jun 21, 2012
Reply by RobtJr60

Tough Care, the book

The author of this book, Bernard Mooney, just contacted me with information about it.  I haven't read it yet.  It looks like a tough read,…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Mar 26, 2012

I am Winning, follow my journey!

If you have been following along, you know I moved back home to PA. The Pulsatile Iv insulin Threapy clinical trial has not expanded to PA,…

Started by Cassie

0 Mar 19, 2012

Death to the sliding-scale mentality?

I am trying to figure out what to do about the fact that my HMO takes an entrenched, Neanderthal approach to diabetes management which is h…

Started by LaGuitariste

8 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by SS

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

The Newest Member of the DHF Team

Hi there! My name is Desiree Johnson and I’m the new addition to the DHF family! There is so much I want to share about my first few days at the office, but I’ll keep it short. The DHF team Read on! →

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service