All Discussions Tagged 'control' (90)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

16 yesterday
Reply by Vancouversailor

starting insulin after 2 years

Hi Well after 2 years, we decided it's time to go to the next step. I have been taking Januvia and Metformin max amounts but my AIC has bee…

Started by Nancy Beneteau

18 Jan 20
Reply by Terry

Endo says that any A1C under 7 is ok

And I am struggling. Seven days ago, she asked me to reduce my basal from 10.5 to 8.00. a reduction of .1 to each hourly basal. I admit, th…

Started by Spock

128 Jan 18
Reply by mohe0001

Daily BG checking

Hi all, currently i check my bg levels between 3-6 times a day, some days i just check 3 times per day, I'm also in my honeymoon period and…

Started by Adele

19 Jan 11
Reply by Leah

At what point in your diabetic journey, did you feel in control?

I've been on this journey now for 16 years....seems like forever. But I didn't really feel in control of my own disease until I started on…

Started by sdkate

33 Jan 9
Reply by sdkate

Blood Sugar Management and Quality of Life

I was thinking tonight about being one of the few people who has no desire for a CGM. I've gone into the reasons elsewhere, and won't do so…

Started by Zoe

37 Jan 5
Reply by Zoe

Birth Control to Manage Blood Sugars

I just spoke to my wndo about putting me on hormonal birth control to help manage my blood sugars. I have the worst time controlling my num…

Started by Alex

5 Dec 21, 2014
Reply by Skye

Delayed Lows after Exercise

All, After hitting average BS over 180 and an 8.2 a1c, my doc upped my metformin from 1500mg to 2000mg per day and added 25mg glipizide per…

Started by jaxmeier

8 Dec 21, 2014
Reply by jaxmeier

Thanksgiving Dinner-- Read 'Em n Weep

Beat That!

Started by Sam

38 Dec 1, 2014
Reply by brboyer

THANKSGIVING YUMMIES!!

What is your method of dealing with our holiday of Blessings that center around food? I usually portion the "bad for me" foods to a small s…

Started by 1DebY

15 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Bonnie

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service