All Discussions Tagged 'control' (65)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Experience Switching to Paleo Diet

Disclaimer: I am not preaching or saying this is what you should do even though it has been very helpful for controlling my sugars. I just…

Started by DFresh

9 on Tuesday
Reply by Buckley83

A1C in the 4s

If your A1C is in the 4s please tell me how you achieve that. True T1s only.

Started by Helmut

155 on Monday
Reply by Brunetta

spouse/family minimizing T2

Hello Just wondered if anyone has had troubles with their spouse/family minimizing your T2 Diabetes? My husband some what acts as though it…

Started by Nancy beneteai

59 on Saturday
Reply by nc929

Worst Diabetic Ever-- needs help.

I'm embarrassed. It might be that I am too preoccupied with other things, or that maybe I'm in denial (which doesn't seem possible after 12…

Started by Paige

98 Apr 9
Reply by KirstynB

Long term prognosis for controlled type 1s?

So, I'm now into my 6th year of membership in the T1 club. Late onset at 39 years old. I'm 6'1" and 165lbs. Most of the time I have been ke…

Started by Chris

90 Mar 30
Reply by Zoe

Newbie to T2 Learning as I go

I am so glad that I found this group. So much info and support. I have been a T2 for almost 3 months. I am on Metformin 500mg 2x/day. When…

Started by debsgsd

26 Mar 26
Reply by Fraser

Lowering/maintaining a1c for pregnancy

I am 31 years old. My last 3 a1cs were 7,7 and 6.9 despite being on a pump and CGM. My endo said I should be at 6.5 before starting to try.…

Started by Yu Shing

6 Mar 15
Reply by Diabetes to Go

Insulin

I have been on oral meds for almost a decade now, but due to severe side effects that they cause I have lowered my doze. The result grrrrr…

Started by LemonJuice

15 Mar 8
Reply by David (dns)

The Other Side of Non-Compliance (or, The Malfeasance That Dares Not Speak Its Name)

The term "non compliant" is entirely too familiar, either from personal experience or that of others. It gets used -- and more frequently m…

Started by David (dns)

11 Feb 28
Reply by David (dns)

What does an "acceptable" day look like on the dexcom?

I battle with guilt and have over the course of 44 years of having diabetes. My a1c's generally range in the mid 7s. Any thoughts about wha…

Started by Kimball

25 Feb 19
Reply by acidrock23

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service