All Discussions Tagged 'control' (92)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Daily BG checking

Hi all, currently i check my bg levels between 3-6 times a day, some days i just check 3 times per day, I'm also in my honeymoon period and…

Started by Adele

22 Mar 10
Reply by Susan Van Abs

Worst Diabetic Ever-- needs help.

I'm embarrassed. It might be that I am too preoccupied with other things, or that maybe I'm in denial (which doesn't seem possible after 12…

Started by Paige

109 Feb 24
Reply by Janice

Fine-tuning, or maybe completely revamping, settings

Curious for those on pump and CGM, how long did it take you to fine-tune your settings? I'm more than three weeks in to using the Dexcom an…

Started by Jen

56 Feb 24
Reply by Jen

Best Time to Exercise

As a type 1 for over 30 years, I'm curious if there are better times to exercise than others with diabetes? I struggle to keep my blood sug…

Started by flynn

12 Feb 16
Reply by Jonjaxmom

New Research on High Glucose Levels

I am sure some have already seen this latest research and I am also sure that some of you have known for years that the ADA glucose levels…

Started by Bob Martin

18 Feb 13
Reply by Terrie

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

16 Jan 29
Reply by Vancouversailor

starting insulin after 2 years

Hi Well after 2 years, we decided it's time to go to the next step. I have been taking Januvia and Metformin max amounts but my AIC has bee…

Started by Nancy Beneteau

18 Jan 20
Reply by Terry

Endo says that any A1C under 7 is ok

And I am struggling. Seven days ago, she asked me to reduce my basal from 10.5 to 8.00. a reduction of .1 to each hourly basal. I admit, th…

Started by Sue

128 Jan 18
Reply by mohe0001

At what point in your diabetic journey, did you feel in control?

I've been on this journey now for 16 years....seems like forever. But I didn't really feel in control of my own disease until I started on…

Started by sdkate

33 Jan 9
Reply by sdkate

Blood Sugar Management and Quality of Life

I was thinking tonight about being one of the few people who has no desire for a CGM. I've gone into the reasons elsewhere, and won't do so…

Started by Zoe

37 Jan 5
Reply by Zoe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service