All Discussions Tagged 'cost' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

#PriceCheck: When diabetes test strips are too expensive

#PriceCheck: When diabetes test strips are too expensive Article by Rebecca Plevin in 89.3 KPPC, Southern California Public Radio Through…

Started by Emily Coles

2 Oct 24
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Cost of Dexcom per year

So apparently there is no upgrade from the Ping to the Vibe at this time in Canada (I spoke to Animas last week). I got a quote on the stan…

Started by Jen

4 Oct 16
Reply by Jen

Cheap prescription supplies online?

Hi all, I have been in the USA a couple of years now. Back home in Britain we have the NHS so it's been hard learning about the private hea…

Started by overthinker

4 Oct 3
Reply by Michelle

Help ! How to pay for expensive pump! After insurance, co-pay $5000!

Pennsylvania, USA. Do Type one diabetics qualify for medical assistance? My 21-year-old (diabetic since 13) expressed interest in using an…

Started by Linda M. Jones

11 Aug 20
Reply by Alyssa

RE: coverage of CGM's

Now hopefully, I can attach the article, but in a nutshell it said that 75% of healthcare spending on diabetes is related to treatment for…

Started by artwoman

53 Jul 26
Reply by artwoman

Monthly Medical Costs and Insurance Options

So, I already signed up for medical coverage with through the Covered California website and selected Blue Shield of California. I put toge…

Started by DFresh

0 Jun 18

Be in control with Humulin-R and -N

We are blessed to have a new member, Dyepez09, who needs help from this community in getting dialed in with good control using Relion R and…

Started by Dave

14 Jan 27
Reply by merianb

How much does your insulin cost?

Hi all,I'm a diabetes educator. I started someone on a pump today. She has to pay for her insulin, then get reimbursed. Two vials of Humalo…

Started by Joy Pape

54 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by A. Barney

2014 Assistance Programs to Help Afford Insulin + Diabetic Supplies

Hello - Yesterday I posted (desperate plea) for MEDICAL advice on switching from Lantus to a cheaper insulin type, and since people seem to…

Started by alexmac

8 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by rsagall

American Diabetes Association Releases New Research Estimating Annual Cost of Diabetes at $245 billion

The American Diabetes Association (Association) released new research todayestimating the total costs of diagnosed diabetes have risen to $…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Mar 8, 2013

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service