All Discussions Tagged 'cure' (81)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Type 1 Diabetes Reversed in Mice!

I live in Nashville, home of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, which is typically on the cutting edge of research for Diabetes. Recent…

Started by Brett Ryan Stewart

3 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Cabaretro- The Diabetic Dancer

Diabetes Foundations...Mission Statements?

I was wondering how many people on here, who have been involved with, donated money, or participated in any fundraisers by the JDRF, DRIF,…

Started by Stoyan

0 Mar 21, 2012

How do you explain type 1 Diabates to people?

A blog post by Cara at the JDCA raised a very good question I believe that will be interesting to see what people think about. Basically pu…

Started by Stoyan

8 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by kestrel

JDCA Survey results: People want money used for a cure, but fail to make stipulations

I made a post about the JDCA results on our second survey on Donor Intentions here: http://jdca2025.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/survey-2-donor

Started by Stoyan

0 Jan 9, 2012

Did you know that only 10% of current diabetes trials are focused on a cure?

We have had a number of good discussions on here about how diabetes resources should be used, and a lot of people agree that neither treatm…

Started by Stoyan

16 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by acidrock23

Are people ready to trust the Artifical Pancreas?

So I am curious - many people are interested in seeing what the artificial pancreas can do, but are you ready to trust it with your well-be…

Started by Stoyan

78 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by acidrock23

Patient 13

Patient 13a feature documentary "Patient 13 follows Scott King – scientist, entrepreneur and Type 1 diabetic – at the climax of his 30-yea…

Started by Emily Coles

15 Dec 9, 2011
Reply by Gary

Better treatments or a cure?

Here's a question that has been on my mind a lot. I am an associate editor at the Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance, and we are focused on ad…

Started by Stoyan

13 Oct 30, 2011
Reply by Rae

My T1 diabetes article was published!

I haven't posted to this board for a few years... although I *might* stalk the discussions from time to time. I wanted to share the excitem…

Started by bluefrango

12 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by bluefrango

Tuberculosis Vaccine Could Cure Type 1

This is news to me, so I thought I would pass this on. The article explains that a TB vaccine could be a cure for type 1 diabetes. One inte…

Started by Steven Ercolani

5 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Bryan Acosta

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

The Newest Member of the DHF Team

Hi there! My name is Desiree Johnson and I’m the new addition to the DHF family! There is so much I want to share about my first few days at the office, but I’ll keep it short. The DHF team Read on! →

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service