All Discussions Tagged 'diabetic' (94)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Black Coffee Conundrum

I am a heavy coffee drinker - BLACK WITH NO MILK/CREAM/ETC. I have noticed that the brand and production method for my coffees have an affe…

Started by DFresh

9 Jul 5
Reply by Jim

Best Ways to Decrease Insulin Resistance?

So I figure less insulin, less money, less variation in daily blood sugars and less variation when calculating dosing (as long as I eat the…

Started by DFresh

18 Jul 2
Reply by BadMoonT2

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

3 Jul 1
Reply by mlebois

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!

1345 Jun 30
Reply by Anna-Kate

Flexible spending plans - advantages and disadvantages?

It is enrollment time at my job, and I for the first time I am thinking of signing up for the flexible spending plan. The older I get the m…

Started by Kate

3 Jun 24
Reply by 2hobbit1

Can Antibodies tests be initially negative and months/years later be positive for LADA?

Can the antibody tests to diagnose LADA/Type 1.5 be initially negative and months or years later be re-run and come back positive? I know t…

Started by Kate

12 Jun 17
Reply by Kate

Weight Training and Post-Workout Insulin

When doing some research concerning weight training, I came across some interesting information. Apparently, some hardcore weight training…

Started by DFresh

9 Jun 7
Reply by Diabetic Dad

Worst Diabetic Ever-- needs help.

I'm embarrassed. It might be that I am too preoccupied with other things, or that maybe I'm in denial (which doesn't seem possible after 12…

Started by Paige

104 Jun 4
Reply by Nunnother

Charity Ideas involving Diabetes?!

Hi. My local community of young people are trying to get our name out there in our community. We are donating to charities and our top one…

Started by Caren

1 Jun 1
Reply by Marie B

DKA - 15 years post diagnosis

Hi all! *waves* I've not been active on this site in a while but I wanted to see if there was anyone else out there like me. I was dx 15 ye…

Started by KCCO

10 May 28
Reply by KCCO

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service