All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (124)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Eating Disorder Awareness Week: February 24 - March 2

The goal of National Eating Disorder Awareness Week in the US is to put a spotlight on the seriousness of eating disorders and to improve p…

Started by Emily Coles

9 yesterday
Reply by Emily Coles

Celiac info?

Does anyone have any info to share on diagnosing celiac disease? My 10 yr old son though showed no symptoms was tested and found to have a…

Started by LDB

6 Feb 23
Reply by sweetmom

Weekly traveler.... What and where to eat?

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I was recently diagnosed T1D this past Christmas Eve after months of losing weight and uncon…

Started by Jacklo322

24 Feb 16
Reply by yeagen

Please, Help Me!

One would think that taking in a pittance of calories a day would result in rapid and large amounts of weight loss, right? Especially if on…

Started by Tamra

25 Feb 1
Reply by JustLookin

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

16 Jan 29
Reply by Vancouversailor

Cutting back on meat as a type 1 to drop BG?

I've been tired most of the time since I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago, even when my blood tests show great results, and without any co…

Started by Lemonz

33 Jan 27
Reply by Lemonz

please list breakfasts you like that don't cause dramatic spikes in blood sugar

I am type I on humalog and Levemir. I now have a CGM, which is great, but shows me that my current breakfast does not work-- spikes up and…

Started by ame e.

42 Jan 25
Reply by ame e.

Personal SGIs

Hi Everyone, An engineer friend, Derek Paice, came up with the idea of the "substance glycemic index," or SGI, which is essentially a GI bu…

Started by gretchen

23 Jan 12
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Coordinating family eating

One of the things I have found rather challenging during the 16 years since I was diagnosed with type 2 is that my dietary needs as a diabe…

Started by Vancouversailor

15 Jan 9
Reply by sdkate

How Many Carbs Do You Eat per Meal per Day?

I try to shoot for no more than 50 gr per meal and shoot for under 200 total per day. But reading in Jenny's blog, I am thinking I should b…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1322 Jan 5
Reply by Buckley83

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service