All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (101)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carb Question and Losing Weight?

Hi Everyone, how many carbs do you eat per day? I eat under 90 carbs a day (and 90 is a very high day) -- I usually average more like 45-60…

Started by jesikabeth

8 4 hours ago
Reply by Dee

To what degree are insulin use and weight gain intertwined?

Greetings, I'm Jamariel, an 18-year-old type 1 diabetic. I'm currently taking both rapid-acting and long-acting insulins, Humalog and Lantu…

Started by 明けてく空

28 Jul 10
Reply by Piscesyin

No Carb Count Available!

My husband and I are going on a marriage retreat next weekend so I looked at the 'sample' menu for the lodge's restaurant. Everything is Ch…

Started by Amanda211

20 Jul 10
Reply by DFresh

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

14 Jul 4
Reply by David B.

Is being thin a possibility with insulin?

For any D's out there who've managed to stay thin while on insulin, please would you share how much you take (TDD) and if you eat a certain…

Started by Bee

20 Jul 3
Reply by Bee

Nutritional question

When looking at a label on food, it's pretty much possible to calculate the calories based on the carbs, fat, and protein listed even if th…

Started by Jen

7 Jun 24
Reply by FHS

Tea and carbs

Another carb question! I quit caffeine cold turkey almost three months ago. I should have quit years ago, but it took two completely differ…

Started by Jen

6 Jun 24
Reply by Jen

Oh no.... No more popcorn!

I absolutely love popcorn and mistakenly thought since it is a high fiber snack, it would be much better than the potato chips I really wan…

Started by GailD

32 Jun 20
Reply by GailD

BBC article on T2 helped by eating two meals a day

My husband gave me this link. Don't think I could do it... http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27422547

Started by Infodigger

16 Jun 18
Reply by OldTech

Thoughts on Dr Berstein's book?

Has anyone read Dr Bernstein's book about his low carb way of living? I have recently read it and am very interested in what he has to say,…

Started by Kiwikrystie

168 Jun 10
Reply by Melitta

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service