All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (85)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do you agree with Gary Scheiner about Low Carb Diets?

Great discussion today in the live interview with Gary Scheiner. I asked a question about low carb diets and T1. Gary's response surprised…

Started by ricmac

147 Jul 7, 2013
Reply by victormeldrew

Diet soda and type 1

I've been a diabetic for 12 years, jus recently I moved in with my brother in arizona. Every other day its a argument about im drinking to…

Started by Feshaboo

29 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by JohnG

Type 1 - Whats your Eating Regime

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed last September with Lada. I am on shots(novorapid and lantus, using insulinx monitor trying to dose as I eat.…

Started by Nell

28 Jun 1, 2013
Reply by drsoosie

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Great New Healthy Habits Program for People with Type 2 Diabetes

Make a difference in your own life and in the diabetes community by participating in the This Week I Will diabetes pledge campaign. The cam…

Started by Emily Coles

4 Mar 19, 2013
Reply by TiaLuna1217

Opinions on stomach pain

Hi all, I'm interested in whatever advice anyone can give me. I'm T1 for almost 14 years now, just started taking control of my health over…

Started by KCCO

0 Jan 11, 2013

Omada Health Launches Prevent, A Groundbreaking Online Diabetes Prevention Program Designed to Combat Soaring Epidemic

PRESS RELEASE Prevent is an online group program based on the landmark DPP clinical trial that showed diabetes can be prevented through lif…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Dec 13, 2012

High carb consumption linked to dementia

This article summarizing recent research published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease says seniors who limit carb consumption have a low…

Started by BadMoonT2

18 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Leo2

This Week I Will Campaign Update

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/this-week-i-will-campaign-chooses-diabetes-hands-foundation-as-on This Week I Will campaign chooses…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Oct 12, 2012

dreaming like a diabetic

Last night I dreamed I was at an Italian deli/lunch counter. I passed up the double-decker focaccia sandwiches, wistfully because they look…

Started by Deborah

10 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Deborah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service