All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ticked at Web MD

Has anybody checked out their slideshow Type 1 Diabetes Explained? Info on CGM use is wrong (ie, these are not intended to be used long-ter…

Started by Denver

4 May 20
Reply by HFXNS

How Many Carbs Do You Eat per Meal per Day?

I try to shoot for no more than 50 gr per meal and shoot for under 200 total per day. But reading in Jenny's blog, I am thinking I should b…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1310 May 4
Reply by still_young_at_heart

What is the right method for Extended Bolusing?

So, I just got a Tandem T Slim Pump hooked up today to help being T1. Everybody says one of the cool things about it is that you can do ext…

Started by DFresh

6 May 2
Reply by Terry

Low carb

Okay so after reading numerous blogs, discussions on the low carb diet, I've decided to give it a go for a few months and see how it works…

Started by Becca

16 May 1
Reply by rLightning

Experience Switching to Paleo Diet

Disclaimer: I am not preaching or saying this is what you should do even though it has been very helpful for controlling my sugars. I just…

Started by DFresh

11 Apr 20
Reply by Buckley83

Breakfast ideas

Does anyone have any low-carb breakfast ideas that do not involve eggs, cheese, or peanuts? I've been instructed by my allergist to avoid d…

Started by Jen

49 Apr 13
Reply by Sarah

Celiac info?

Does anyone have any info to share on diagnosing celiac disease? My 10 yr old son though showed no symptoms was tested and found to have a…

Started by LDB

3 Apr 9
Reply by LDB

Blood Sugar Fluctuations and Frustrations

My blood glucose levels seem to vary a lot week to week and not necessarily based on how many carbs I eat. Last week I had a couple 250s af…

Started by Lilli D

7 Mar 30
Reply by Lilli D

Cutting back on meat as a type 1 to drop BG?

I've been tired most of the time since I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago, even when my blood tests show great results, and without any co…

Started by Lemonz

25 Mar 16
Reply by David (dns)

Diet and Extra Insulin Requirements

Hi guys, I'm new to TuDiabetes, excited to get know you guys. :) I've had an on-going problem for awhile, when it come to finding the right…

Started by AnJaleh

13 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by SS

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service