All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wheat Belly--A Book That is Going to Revolutionize Our Thinking About Wheat

Get ready for the fall out. Humans aren’t the only species adversely effected by grains & wheat in particular. Cattle are meant to eat…

Started by Gerri

88 Oct 3, 2011
Reply by Alissa

Insulin resistance a possible cause of Alzheimer's

Insulin resistance may be a contributing cause of Alzheimer's. This study summarized here found that brain cells may be starved of nutritio…

Started by BadMoonT2

15 Sep 26, 2011
Reply by BadMoonT2

Eating or NOT eating, that is the question!

Hello friends, is there anyone out there that has the same ideology on food despite the fact that they are a diabetic. My philosophy is pre…

Started by lil JT

16 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by jeremiah_81

Low Carb Meals Cheaply - Any Suggestions

In this day of age where we are money conscious and penny pinching, do you have ideas on how to prepare low carb meals cheaply. What are yo…

Started by Michael Hutch

45 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Chris Reid

Why I think a diet of 55-65 % carbohydrate doesn't make sense - What do you all think?

I know it is me again. But I have a serious problem that to me is blatently obvious and yet it seems to be the opposite of how most people…

Started by Trev

75 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by Low Carb Dietitian

Losing Weight, Keeping It Off Might Require Distinct Skill Sets

It takes different skills to lose weight than to keep the weight off.  Participating in a weight-loss program, planning meals and limiting…

Started by CFAH

0 Jul 6, 2011

Is Sugar Toxic?

What the average American consumes in sugar (sucrose) --       A very interesting (though long) article in the New York Times Magazine by…

Started by HFXNS

0 Apr 13, 2011

Does Your Diet Effect Your Mood?

Hello All! I have been flip-flopping as any one will know if you've followed my blog or discussion's lately, MDI vs Pump, Pro Carb vs Low…

Started by Trev

4 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by Gerri

What does your Diet Consist of?

I am curious, and doing some serious dietary flip flopping, and am curious what the folks on Tudiabetes adhere to for their diabtes control…

Started by Trev

80 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

HuffPost Article about Preventing Type 2 Diabetes

Comment on the HuffPost site if you see any misinformation in this article. Comments here are only preaching to the choir. I'm not savvy en…

Started by Terry Keelan

8 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by tmana

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service