All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (85)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone have experience with Optibiotic?

If you currently or previously have used OptiBiotic (http://www.houstonnaturalbirth.com/optibiotic.shtml), what effects (beneficial or othe…

Started by Muragaki

3 Dec 24, 2009
Reply by Gerri

How do you control your Type 1? Diet + insulin?

Hey Everyone! Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any suggestions for how to control blood sugars without letting diabetes t…

Started by Sarah

44 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

What do you find the most difficult thing about having Diabetes?

I love sweets but they don't love me... that's hard. What's hardest for me though is remembering to test & eat regularly since getting…

Started by Patrick Hebert

13 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Keith221

exercise

Hey Everyone- I have a question about exercising. My workouts generally include 1 mile run warm-up followed by an hour of weights. Sometim…

Started by Terence

6 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Terence

What do you consider "Low Carb"?

I consider anything under 25 gms low carb. Since I am a 1:10 ratio for half of the day (and eat more during this time), 2 or 2.5 units is o…

Started by Mike S.

4 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by Mike S.

Do you know the difference between saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol?

One of the dietary recommendations is to limit saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. However, I find that most people are still very c…

Started by Lorena

10 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Peter

Glycemic Index Diet

Has anyone been using the glycemic index as a food plan, and has it been effective? What are some reliable sources for glycemic index value…

Started by Sophie

35 Jul 7, 2009
Reply by Sophie

A1C and Diet . .

I was asked by another member how I was able to acheive an A1C of 4.7. I currently see a dietician who specializes in diabetic nutrition.…

Started by Cynthia F.

12 May 15, 2009
Reply by Drexxy

Copper & Health

Ok, this is long, but interesting (I think). I was cautious about using copper supplements because I read that diabetics can have high lev…

Started by Gerri

0 Mar 8, 2009

Eating Habits to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes

I thought this information could be useful to the members who have pre-diabetes. i read about it on US News this morning: Mediterranean Di…

Started by Manny Hernandez

17 Feb 23, 2009
Reply by Mr. Peachy

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service