All Discussions Tagged 'diet' (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What does your Diet Consist of?

I am curious, and doing some serious dietary flip flopping, and am curious what the folks on Tudiabetes adhere to for their diabtes control…

Started by Trev

80 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

HuffPost Article about Preventing Type 2 Diabetes

Comment on the HuffPost site if you see any misinformation in this article. Comments here are only preaching to the choir. I'm not savvy en…

Started by Terry Keelan

8 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by tmana

Recent research points to a possible link between high carb diets and the development of T2 diabetes

Here is part of a news release from the University of Saskatchewan. "After a two-year investigation, Professors Kaushik Desai and Lily Wu…

Started by BadMoonT2

0 Mar 8, 2011

Ketones - Are they Bad?

Once again, I am hoping to spark some discussion surrounding Ketones, and Ketogenic Diets in particular. I know DKA is bad. What do you kno…

Started by Trev

5 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Tom T

Overnight/Third Shift Diabetics

How do you manage your eating schedule and your sleeping schedule? When do you eat, and when do you sleep? I get two half hour breaks... O…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

8 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

What can I have for breakfast???

Everything I have for breakfast makes my bg shoot for the sky!!  At the moment I have a shredded wheat cereal that has absolutely nothing a…

Started by Dee

56 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Jason Sandeman

cleansing

I'm looking for a good 1 or 2-day cleansing that I can do without screwing up my bloodsugars. Any advice? Fruits/veggies? Juice? Etc?

Started by Sagwabetes

7 Oct 1, 2010
Reply by Michael Hutch

What to eat?

OK, let me introduce the subject.I have been on no wheat diet since these last 15 years. 10 years ago started low GI diet Added 8 years ago…

Started by Acquafortis

0 Sep 1, 2010

Breakfast to go

Day 1 Starting with Whole Grain English Muffin 1 teaspoon light vegetable spread 1vegetable sausage patty 3/4 oz reduced fat free cheese 3…

Started by Diabetes Chef

83 Aug 29, 2010
Reply by Zoe

Raw for 30 days

Saw this on CWD and thought yall might wanna take a look (and I am in no way promoting the film and am going to hold my opinion in for now…

Started by Alison

28 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by KimKat

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service