All Discussions Tagged 'disease' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Type 1 & Heart Disease

Hi all! I am 28 year old female. I have been a type 1 for almost 20 years. Today while sitting at my desk, I felt my chest tighten for prob…

Started by kwhit06

15 Jul 11
Reply by Dave

Terrible First Page Article in the Sunday NY Times

Todays Sunday Times has a first page article on the exploding cost of treating chronic diseases focusing on T1 and T2 diabetes. It is full…

Started by still_young_at_heart

81 Apr 13
Reply by Slybrock

PAIN IN CENTER OF LOWER BACK???

Little info first. I've been Type 1 Diabetic for 44 years now. Although I could've been ALOT better, at this point, I seem to be doing well…

Started by gbabe

3 Feb 16
Reply by Terrie

MRI results

How many of you had "chronic ichemia disease" on MRI report and told not of any concern because of history of diabetes. So what would the u…

Started by picklebird

3 Oct 13, 2013
Reply by picklebird

Using Victoza as a Type 1.5

My wife, Susan, has been a diabetic for more than 30 years. She was initially diagnosed as a type 2, but that was changed to a type 1.5 a f…

Started by menkor

5 Oct 7, 2013
Reply by menkor

Anyone ever flown out of Mexico?

I'm looking at flying out of Tijuana, Mexico for a trip in December... My friend really wants to... But I'm not sure how travel regulations…

Started by bluefrango

6 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Linda

Consequences of low carbohydrate diets - article in the British Medical Journal

Cohort study: 43396 Swedish women, aged 30-49 years Study time: average of 15.7 years Journal: British Medical Journal Conclusions: Low car…

Started by Holger Schmeken

95 Jul 7, 2012
Reply by MollyBrown

Heart Disease & Stroke Deaths Drop Significantly For PWD

Some good news to share from Centers for Disease Control & Prevention www.cdc.gov/diabetes/.  Yay for us!   Rates of death from all cau…

Started by Gerri

2 May 24, 2012
Reply by acidrock23

Neuropathy? Heart issues?

After experiencing pains that feel like a pulse in my chest and back lasting less than a minute, I have had two echocardiagrams and 2 EKGs…

Started by Sara

22 Oct 6, 2011
Reply by Sp!tf!re

New here - diabetes, or something else?

Hello everyone -  I joined here a few months ago. This is my first post. :)  I have diabetes in my family - my mom and my older brother, bo…

Started by Jackie

4 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Leo2

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service