All Discussions Tagged 'doctor' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

good endo in philadelphia area

does anyone know of a good endo in the philadelphia area who is knowledgable about LADA as well as other types of diabetes? Thanks

Started by v/prediabetic

2 Mar 24
Reply by v/prediabetic

Study: Trusting Their Doctor Helps People Manage Diabetes

For people with diabetes, a good relationship with a physician is key to sticking to a treatment plan that can help avoid serious complicat…

Started by CFAH

15 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Judith in Portland

visits

I was just wondering; how often do you guys visit your endocrinologist ?! I've just started with a new one, so I'd love to know how often…

Started by Shahenda

28 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by Terrie

What would your perfect Doctor's appointment consist of?

My mom and I were chatting last night at dinner about what the perfect Endocrinologist office would have and how they would treat their pat…

Started by Hannah Hamlin

37 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by Hannah Hamlin

Did this doctor take advantage of me?

When I was eighteen I was transferred from a children's hospital to an adult hospital with a new endocrinologist. During the first visit he…

Started by Rebecca

48 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by JustLookin

What question have you never dared to ask your doctor?

If there a question about diabetes that you've carried around with you but never had the nerve to ask your medical provider?  Something rel…

Started by Emily Coles

3 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by AllyBui

Diabetic "White Coats"

For many years given the choice, whatever the particular "white coat" role; CDE, dentist, Endo, eye doctor, MD, nurse, psychologist... I wo…

Started by Stuart

65 Oct 12, 2011
Reply by smartblnde

Long Island/NYC Doctor search

Hello, I am looking for a new Endo. I have been seeing the same one for over 12 years but have experienced some really lax office assistan…

Started by Kenneth Kellner

1 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Hank

Endocrinologist Recommendations in SF?

I recently moved from NYC to San Francisco, CA (and by recently I mean 6 months ago) and I am having the worst time trying to find a new en…

Started by Erica

3 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by SF Pete

SF Bay Area Diabetes Endos/Perinatologists

Hello, My wife and I just moved to Oakland, and she lost the endo she had just recently found in Seattle. She's had type 1 for 24 years, u…

Started by Ruby Kane

5 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Ruby Kane

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service