All Discussions Tagged 'exercise' (110)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tai Chi

Has anyone else tried Dr.; Paul Lam's Tai Chi for Diabetes?   I bought the dvd a few weeks ago and am finding it helpful.   

Started by Pastelpainter

44 Mar 4
Reply by Stuart

High Readings after non-strenuous exercise.....

I did a search on TU about BG levels rising after exercise. Most were specifically about after high intensity workouts. I get the science b…

Started by Spock

21 Feb 16
Reply by Spock

Diet and Extra Insulin Requirements

Hi guys, I'm new to TuDiabetes, excited to get know you guys. :) I've had an on-going problem for awhile, when it come to finding the right…

Started by AnJaleh

13 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Shawnmarie

Big Blue Test 2013 has begun!!!

what is big blue test?   Since 2010, over 40,000 people helped themselves while helping more than 10,000 others. Most participants in the…

Started by Emily Coles

31 Nov 17, 2013

Workout Wednesday with SweatBetes

Have you heard of SweatBetes? It's a series of exercise videos produced by Ginger Vieira of Living in Progress. She produced them specifica…

Started by Corinna

34 Nov 5, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

Animas Ping Self-Destructing Belt Clips

So I've had a Ping for a few years now. My first belt clip lasted at least a year. Since then every single one breaks within a month, with…

Started by Dave S

33 Sep 24, 2013
Reply by StAilbe

Questions about creatine, workouts, and diabetes?

Are there any certified nutritionists, personal trainers, doctors, nurses, etc out there who use creatine with your workouts? I've recently…

Started by richthediabetic

7 Aug 23, 2013
Reply by richthediabetic

Uncontrolled blood sugars after exercising; please offer suggestions! :)

I was diagnosed with T1 April 1, 2012 (funny joke, eh?) at age 21 and had a really rough transition into the diabetic lifestyle. Currently,…

Started by ashleypfuntner

11 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

T1 husband living not-so-healthy lifestyle, should/can I do anything?

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by posting in your community: I do not have diabetes, but my husband does. He was diagnosed in his mi…

Started by Wife of a T1D

7 Aug 13, 2013
Reply by Wife of a T1D

Pretty cool survey by HealthCareDIY

Started by Emily Coles

4 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Emily Coles

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service