All Discussions Tagged 'fat' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fat deposits from injecting

Do the fat deposits created by injecting go away? Like do they honestly? I have tried to move my insulin around and lose weight to make the…

Started by Bailey

16 Feb 2
Reply by TheDiabetesHero

Diet and Extra Insulin Requirements

Hi guys, I'm new to TuDiabetes, excited to get know you guys. :) I've had an on-going problem for awhile, when it come to finding the right…

Started by AnJaleh

13 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by SS

iD-Cal is now available OFFLINE!!!

Not sure why it took so long to make this happen but iD-Cal v3.2: FREE Insulin & Carbohydrate Calculator w/ TAG is now available offli…

Started by Jared

0 Nov 14, 2013

Has anyone seen "Fat, sick, and nearly Dead"? Anyone tried the Juicing Fast?

Has anyone here seen Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead? Short premise; lose weight fasting on 80% vegetable / 20% fruit juicing. Short bio of me;…

Started by MF44SRQ

7 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Taking insulin for protein and fat!

Hey there, I've been experimenting with a low carb diet and am noticing that I need to take insulin for fat and protein in my foods. I can'…

Started by Hannah Hamlin

15 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Hannah Hamlin

High carb consumption linked to dementia

This article summarizing recent research published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease says seniors who limit carb consumption have a low…

Started by BadMoonT2

18 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Leo2

when does PROTEIN, FAT and CARB start to mix with blood?

i mean when i eat sth containing full carb i inject and i have balanced blood sugar but when i eat high protein or fat i get low blood suga…

Started by musichopin

12 May 13, 2012

Pro Carb or Low Carb - The Big Debate

In my recent Blog Post Titled Pro Carb or Low Carb Where do you think the debate is heading?

Started by Trev

103 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Natalie ._c-

Body parts that are just no good for infusion site

My endo assures me that my daughter's skinny thighs should be a perfect place for an infusion site, but we've had more trouble with them. T…

Started by carb101

0 Nov 22, 2010

Saturated Fat--Is Okay?

Those of us on pretty high fat/low carb diets have suspected this as we've watched our lipid profiles improve. Newer research links high ca…

Started by Gerri

5 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Pauly

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

The Newest Member of the DHF Team

Hi there! My name is Desiree Johnson and I’m the new addition to the DHF family! There is so much I want to share about my first few days at the office, but I’ll keep it short. The DHF team Read on! →

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service