All Discussions Tagged 'fat' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

when does PROTEIN, FAT and CARB start to mix with blood?

i mean when i eat sth containing full carb i inject and i have balanced blood sugar but when i eat high protein or fat i get low blood suga…

Started by musichopin

12 May 13, 2012

Pro Carb or Low Carb - The Big Debate

In my recent Blog Post Titled Pro Carb or Low Carb Where do you think the debate is heading?

Started by Trev

103 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Natalie ._c-

Body parts that are just no good for infusion site

My endo assures me that my daughter's skinny thighs should be a perfect place for an infusion site, but we've had more trouble with them. T…

Started by carb101

0 Nov 22, 2010

Saturated Fat--Is Okay?

Those of us on pretty high fat/low carb diets have suspected this as we've watched our lipid profiles improve. Newer research links high ca…

Started by Gerri

5 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Pauly

Friend made home made pizza dinner for me, and the husband, tonight. It's usually very awful for me. How do I say no, or limit myself??? Please help!

They've already made it, and I don't want to be offensive... Maybe I can somehow manage some, this time, and tell them next time to try som…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

21 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Ivan E. Cao-Berg

Are air bubbles harmful?

I was wondering about the air that goes into the body when injecting insulin or when using the pump, we do our best to remove it before inj…

Started by Ahmad

5 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Do you know the difference between saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol?

One of the dietary recommendations is to limit saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. However, I find that most people are still very c…

Started by Lorena

10 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Peter

Injection Sites & Fat Lumps

So today I learned a new word - Lipohypertrophy It's basically when we keep injecting on the same spot and get those fatty lump lumps. I…

Started by dino

7 Aug 14, 2008
Reply by Heather

Body fat on buttocks may help reduce risk of developing type 2 diabetes

This article from BBC News is making the rounds. Were it not a finding from Harvard, I'd probably discard it right away. "Body fat found u…

Started by Manny Hernandez

4 May 10, 2008
Reply by debb

eating more fat

So I went into the nutritionist today and, after looking at my (meticulous) food & blood glucose diary, determined I needed to eat more…

Started by Laura Strudwick

6 Mar 24, 2008
Reply by Jen

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service