All Discussions Tagged 'friends' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

when someone has diabetes and neglects it

I have recently had a few experiences of good friends who developed Type2 Diabetes and are either in denial or just totally not dealing wit…

Started by Negg

6 9 hours ago
Reply by Timbeak48

Barbara @jrtpup

Dear all,Many of you have asked about Barbara @jrtpup, one of our admins, and a very active and beloved member of the TuDiabetes family, as…

Started by Manny Hernandez

64 Jan 28
Reply by Manny Hernandez

College Diabetes Network introduces new app "Diabesties". Check it out!

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Dec 30, 2013
Reply by Shana

Diabetes camp!!! Summer 2012 ~

Left- me Middle- My friend Jasmin. We have been friends for 2 years! Right- My friend Karley, and she has been with me at camp since the b…

Started by Caren

2 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by rick the "Blogabetic"

Beer & Basals

Hey T1s!!! Whether you were diagnosed back in the day when it was "Juvenile Diabetes;" you are a newly diagnosed college freshman; or you w…

Started by Katie Craft

1 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by Khürt Williams

Hi, My Name is Mike

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you!  I don't have diabetes but my life has certainly been affected by it through friends a…

Started by dsndude

0 Dec 23, 2010

Newbie from North Royalton (Ohio)

May I take a moment of your time to introduce myself? My name is Ray and I am in a small Cleveland Ohio suburb called North Royalton. I'm 5…

Started by RAYT721

5 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by RAYT721

I REMBER MOMMA -A DIABETIC ALSO

I remember Momma. She was always at the stove or table.We didn't eat richly but were never too hungery.Carbs made up most of our meals.Past…

Started by Peter Germano

24 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Peter Germano

Your Diabetes Support Network

Diabetes is not a disease you can hardly live with on your own. So, who makes up your support network? In my case, it's my wife, Andreina,…

Started by Manny Hernandez

16 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Mike S.

any teens with type 2 diabetes here?

im 16 and i have type 2 D. i would luv to meet ppl my own age and share the common probs with...

Started by Megha

1 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Manny Hernandez

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service