All Discussions Tagged 'glucose' (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New CGM Case study available to download for your appeals

Use of a Single Subcutaneous Continuous Glucose Monitor Sensor for 28 Days in a Patient with Type 1 Diabetes. Go to the link below and dow…

Started by Gina Capone

0 Aug 27, 2008

Blood Glucose Measurement

Why is the U.S.A the only country in the world to use the decimal system (mg/dl) for measuring blood glucose? I know it's a simple conversi…

Started by Jayson

3 Aug 3, 2008
Reply by tmana

Vit C & Glucose Testing

Hi All, I've read that taking Vit C supplements can effect testing by showing an inaccurate higher reading. Realizing of course that every…

Started by Gerri

0 Jul 31, 2008

How often do you test your blood sugar? (poll results)

You can now participate in the new we just posted: How often do you test your blood sugar? You can answer on the home page or on this page.

Started by Manny Hernandez

1 Jul 19, 2008
Reply by Manny Hernandez

Handy Glucose Carrier Keychain!

Hey Guys, Just a quick message to say that I've found this keyring which has been invented by a diabetic, which is a handy way of carrying…

Started by Sara

2 Jul 16, 2008
Reply by Sweeter Cherise

Cinnamon and Diabetes

Ever since I read The Sugar Solution, I found out about the apparent benefits that cinnamon brings to diabetics. Today I read about it too…

Started by Manny Hernandez

26 May 12, 2008
Reply by Walker

My Blood Glucose Is Cursed

My blood sugar has gone nuts for the last 48 hours. This morning I wake up and I'm at 147. I take 2 units of Humalog and an hour later I'm…

Started by dino

9 May 8, 2008
Reply by saundra barragan

EU Aims To Develop Blood Glucose Prediction Device

Maybe I overlooked it today in the various blogs and within the forums here but, I read an interesting article about the EU supporting the…

Started by Shawn-ATL

0 Apr 10, 2008

Type II, pregnant, will deliver in August - what happens in the hospital with my insulin and glucose checks?

I was a gestational diabetic in 2003 with my first daughter, and this time I'm a Type II. I cannot for the life of me remember how it went…

Started by Maryann

0 Mar 22, 2008

Attention: Recall on Test Strips For Bayer Contour TS Blood Glucose Meter

Found this on Bayer's website today. Please be sure to contact Bayer if you have these test strips. The phone number is 1-800-348-8100 or y…

Started by Lalit Dhadphale

2 Dec 25, 2007
Reply by Lalit Dhadphale

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service