All Discussions Tagged 'glucose' (140)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cinnamon and Diabetes

Ever since I read The Sugar Solution, I found out about the apparent benefits that cinnamon brings to diabetics. Today I read about it too…

Started by Manny Hernandez

26 May 12, 2008
Reply by Walker

My Blood Glucose Is Cursed

My blood sugar has gone nuts for the last 48 hours. This morning I wake up and I'm at 147. I take 2 units of Humalog and an hour later I'm…

Started by dino

9 May 8, 2008
Reply by saundra barragan

EU Aims To Develop Blood Glucose Prediction Device

Maybe I overlooked it today in the various blogs and within the forums here but, I read an interesting article about the EU supporting the…

Started by Shawn-ATL

0 Apr 10, 2008

Type II, pregnant, will deliver in August - what happens in the hospital with my insulin and glucose checks?

I was a gestational diabetic in 2003 with my first daughter, and this time I'm a Type II. I cannot for the life of me remember how it went…

Started by Maryann

0 Mar 22, 2008

Attention: Recall on Test Strips For Bayer Contour TS Blood Glucose Meter

Found this on Bayer's website today. Please be sure to contact Bayer if you have these test strips. The phone number is 1-800-348-8100 or y…

Started by Lalit Dhadphale

2 Dec 25, 2007
Reply by Lalit Dhadphale

Glucoboy: A Glucose Meter Designed For Kids

Are you guys aware of this? http://www.glucoboy.com The Glucoboy is the first blood glucose meter that has been designed specially for kid…

3 Dec 10, 2007
Reply by Kirsten Sigrist

When sugar is testing high before a meal

Hey guys, I am looking for advice as to what I should be eating if my sugar is testing high before a meal. I do know that meal skipping is…

Started by Dan Design

21 Nov 24, 2007
Reply by James S. Anderton

Continuous Glucose Monitoring

Has anyone used the Medtronic's paradigm pump with continuous glucose monitor? I'm considering starting my soon-to-be 4 year old on a pump,…

Started by Kelly

13 Aug 10, 2007
Reply by Ken Winters

Glucose Meter Booboos?

Can a BG of 299 go down to a 132 in LESS than an hour? Now, a little over an hour after the 132, I am now at 92. I am beginning to wonder…

9 Aug 10, 2007
Reply by Dan Design

The Dangers of Low Blood Sugars

I am coming back from a 55 BG I woke up to in the middle of the night. Ironically, the last few times I've been low in my sleep, my son has…

21 Jun 27, 2007
Reply by LizY

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service