All Discussions Tagged 'habits' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What are your bad diabetic habits?

I know I personally have a lot of bad habits when it comes to diabetes. I do not mean bad habits that are life threatening, just those sill…

Started by Cayla

33 Jul 16
Reply by Christopher

Diabetes and Dental Care Habits

I've recently seen some folks stating that they brush their teeth every time they have anything sugary, because of Diabetes.  I have to adm…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

19 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Kristi

Great New Healthy Habits Program for People with Type 2 Diabetes

Make a difference in your own life and in the diabetes community by participating in the This Week I Will diabetes pledge campaign. The cam…

Started by Emily Coles

4 Mar 19, 2013
Reply by TiaLuna1217

This Week I Will Campaign Update

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/this-week-i-will-campaign-chooses-diabetes-hands-foundation-as-on This Week I Will campaign chooses…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Oct 12, 2012

Conventional food habits vs flexibility on basal-bolus insulin

Hi, I just visited a diabetologist (not my regular doctor who is in another city) today and my HbA1c stands at 8.3% (which though still far…

Started by Guruprasad

50 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by FHS

Book review: Lifestyle Makeover for Diabetics and Pre-Diabetics

This is a great reference book for folks with a can-do attitude who are not faint of heart. The author, George F. Tohme, is an experienced…

Started by Emily Coles

3 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by Zoe

Bad Habit? Dump or No Dump?

We all have a few. Mine is coffee. It spikes me in the morning. I do what I can to negotiate the spike. I'm not willing to ditch the joe to…

Started by Bug74

128 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Playthebanjo

Foods bad/unsuitable for Diabetics

Banana is probably the worst food to eat as a Diabetic. While it's good for leveling sugars during/after a hypo, it can have serious conseq…

Started by Haroon

28 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by Knorris

What is the hardest part of managing your diabetes for you?

I am  working so hard with myself to get my ducks in a row again. Daily exercise, more greens on my plate than yellow, healthier eating hab…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

45 Sep 2, 2010
Reply by DeniseC

Tired most of the time, Who to blame!?

Do you blame D! Or your self? May be if I was high, but some times I will be feeling tired and fatigue while my BG is less than a 200. Whic…

Started by Ahmad

16 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Marps

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service