All Discussions Tagged 'health' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

diabetes and emotional trauma

Hello all. This is a difficult and heavy topic, that takes a lot of honesty. I can't say for certain that it is everyones truth, but I can…

Started by MarinaTheBetes

57 Oct 15
Reply by v/prediabetic

Weight and BS control; carb amounts and the nutritionist,

I will admit I am a stubborn person when it comes to what I think I need and want. For Over 20 years I weight over 250 lbs. Even before my…

Started by sdkate

28 Sep 4
Reply by sdkate

Looking for ideas and resources

I am looking for ideas and resources concerning health care. For the last 20 years I have been disabled, receiving SSI and Medicaid. In the…

Started by sdkate

5 Jul 9
Reply by twinchick

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

3 Jul 1
Reply by mlebois

Olmesartan: FDA Review Finds Cardiovascular Risks for Diabetics Not Conclusive

Olmesartan: FDA Review Finds Cardiovascular Risks for Diabetics Not Conclusive Includes: Benicar, Benicar HCT, Azor, Tribenzor, and Generic…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jun 25

Monthly Medical Costs and Insurance Options

So, I already signed up for medical coverage with through the Covered California website and selected Blue Shield of California. I put toge…

Started by DFresh

0 Jun 18

What is the right method for Extended Bolusing?

So, I just got a Tandem T Slim Pump hooked up today to help being T1. Everybody says one of the cool things about it is that you can do ext…

Started by DFresh

6 May 2
Reply by Terry

Relocating Overseas - Middle Schooler Type 1

Hi All, There's a possibility that our family will have the amazing opportunity to relocate to Paraguay for approx. 6 months sometime over…

Started by eno14

0 Jan 20

A diabetes project...AND I NEED YOUR HELP!

A few weeks ago I came on here and talked about a kickstarter fundraising thing I was doing to get funding for a photo project involving di…

Started by TheDiabetesHero

2 Jan 8
Reply by Piscesyin

Diabetes and depression: The impact of this widespread disease on the brain is often overlooked

(Medical Xpress)— The complications of uncontrolled diabetes are well recognized: nerve damage, kidney disease, blindness, and circulation…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

2 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by lotsofshots

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service