All Discussions Tagged 'help' (63)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Experience Switching to Paleo Diet

Disclaimer: I am not preaching or saying this is what you should do even though it has been very helpful for controlling my sugars. I just…

Started by DFresh

9 yesterday
Reply by Buckley83

Worst Diabetic Ever-- needs help.

I'm embarrassed. It might be that I am too preoccupied with other things, or that maybe I'm in denial (which doesn't seem possible after 12…

Started by Paige

98 Apr 9
Reply by KirstynB

Can diabetics donate blood?

Can we? What about the insuline or other medications we take? And how safe is it for us?

Started by Timm

10 Mar 12
Reply by Bear

Just really need some prayers/good thoughts sent my way is all. Worst day in a while.

Before TL;DR, at least read the last line. I've been cut from my current state assistance health insurance because "I'm not disabled and t…

Started by ashleypfuntner

30 Feb 16
Reply by Eric

Low today !?!

Whether low to the point you needed help or a low that you caught yourself... anybody been LOW today...

Started by Stuart

12 Feb 13
Reply by Stuart

Blood around infusion site; is this normal?

So I'm still learning whats okay and not so okay with pump normalities. I located an infusion set near my backside the other day and an hou…

19 Sep 7, 2013
Reply by ashleypfuntner

Am I the only one?

I'm still pretty new to this site and to T1 in general. I've scrolled through about 175 pages of the T1 forum pages tonight and for the mos…

40 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by Kelci

What has made you feel the most supported?

I'm curious, diabetes can be isolating, especially for those of us that are single and don't have family around to help... What have people…

Started by bluefrango

25 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Mom of a Winner

Need some help with testing...

Hey everyone. This is going to be an interesting first post by me, as I just joined the "community" today. In actual fact, I joined because…

Started by Dave.Ladner

74 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Leah

Please read this, I am really hurting because of this

I always enjoyed eating. I was overweight for a period of time when I was a kid but never really fat, just chubby. I took SO much pleasure…

Started by danmdphd

27 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Leah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service