All Discussions Tagged 'hypoglycemia' (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lows....Running the Train!

So am I the only one that thinks, "oh I can do this." I was in range after lunch, went and taught my course, then stopped to do a couple er…

Started by Zoe

36 yesterday
Reply by Terry

Lows and how to treat them

I was wondering how everyone deals with a low. Do you eat a certain amount of carbs and wait for it to come up. I'm having really bad lows…

Started by Alisha

24 on Saturday
Reply by Mocha

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

38 Aug 31
Reply by Badlands

Seizures

In the Facebook Joslin medalist group someone asked if any of us had experienced seizures due to low blood sugar. Every medalist had been t…

Started by Richard157

18 Aug 15
Reply by Doris D

Repeated Hypoglycemia May Not Cause Brain Damage

A recent study asserts that ".... the brains of type 1 diabetic patients who suffer repeated episodes of hypoglycemia actually adapt in a p…

Started by Richard157

29 Jul 15
Reply by Negg

What is normal BG while sleeping?

I've been trying to find out what a "normal" blood glucose level is while people sleep? Does it normally go down in non-diabetics because t…

Started by Lilli D

40 Jun 30
Reply by Elizabeth

Death in Bed

“The most serious complication of hypoglycemia is death.” This under-stated yet profound truth can be found in the book “Pumping Insulin” b…

Started by policebox

16 Jun 17
Reply by LadyBetes (Erin)

Year of Diagnosis

So I was diagnosed August 2012. I was thinking back to that time. I realized, I had 4-6 times earlier that year where I think I may have be…

Started by DFresh

5 Jun 14
Reply by Laddie

My first summer - what does heat do to you?

Hi, I am just experiencing my first summer as a diabetic. I was never one to enjoy the heat, but my blood sugar has nosedived in the past f…

Started by Kokos

14 Jun 13
Reply by Stuart

Getting frequent lows after meals!!!

Getting frequent lows after meals. (37,42,47,50 etc). I am taking humalogmix50 insulin 20 units before breakfast and 12 before dinner. What…

Started by ran.peace

30 Jun 2
Reply by meee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service