All Discussions Tagged 'ideas' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Breakfast

My biggest problem. I don't want eggs every day; cereal and toast are not the best choices. How do I put together a good diabetes-friendly…

Started by Dr.T

108 Aug 31, 2013
Reply by sdkate

My experience making a T1D fundraising video

Just wanted to share a recent fund raising experience. Used a video as a way to create a more compelling campaign. Have received great resp…

Started by AML

0 Apr 1, 2012

Diabetes Hands Foundation Launches DHF Seeds!!!

Do you have an awesome idea for a service, program, book.... that will help improve life with diabetes? Want some help getting it off the g…

Started by Emily Coles

3 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Judith

Never had to do this before ---- I"m sick

In the 11 years that I have been a diabetic, I have NEVER been sick....well this year I am making up for lost time, got a flu shot, but nob…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

6 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Peetie

On the Go Breakfast Ideas

Hi all! So I'm looking for some new on the go breakfast ideas. I don't have time in the morning to cook a fancy breakfast and I usually eat…

Started by Amanda

32 Apr 27, 2011
Reply by sarah

Looking for swimming exercise ideas

Type II, swim 3 - 4 times a week for 60 minutes. I do water walking for 15 - 20 minutes, pilates for water workouts and then swim laps the…

1 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Joe_h

I need your ideas!

So, my small, local pharmacy doesn't really have a very big selection of items geared to Diabetics, or useful to Diabetics... I wrote an e-…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

31 Aug 13, 2010
Reply by Jacky

Alternatives to the norm

I have two adorable beagles. who love to chew things.  This past weekend they got ahold of my  meter case, and totally ripped the zipper up…

16 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by Cathy Jacobson

What Eating Tricks Do You Have for Controlling Your BG Spikes?

While not everyone is the same, and every Diabetic will respond differently to different amounts of carbohydrate consumption, I think we ha…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

6 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Judith

Healthy Attitude

I am totally sold on a healthy, happy attitude being a key in treating "D". Without that, I think we can tend to think we have been sold do…

18 Nov 27, 2009
Reply by Cathy Jacobson

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service