All Discussions Tagged 'information' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How much to tell?

I am a big tattle-tail. When I go to a medical provider, I have a list of medications from different types of providers, a psychiatrist, a…

Started by sdkate

7 May 23
Reply by Amy

The Power of Shared Data

The Power of Shared Data A new $7 million award to the Harvard Medical School Center for Biomedical Informatics from the Patient-Centered…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jan 27

Organization and diabetes

Sure this isn't new to most people, but it does take some organization to be a compliant diabetic and / or have other medical problems, I a…

Started by sdkate

4 Jan 8
Reply by marty1492

Interview with Jen Block, RN, CDE and Clinical Content Manager with "Glu"

What is Glu? What are you trying to accomplish with Glu? Glu is part of a larger project called the T1D Exchange. The goal for the entire p…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Jan 9, 2012

New Online Resource List

Started by Emily Coles

0 Sep 27, 2011

Questions to figure out numbers?

Downloading the memory from my meter, I wanted to USE the data it gave me. I know the kinds/types of questions which I ask to make the data…

Started by Stuart

5 Jun 20, 2011
Reply by Zoe

What Books Have Helped You?

People frequently suggest books. I thought it would be helpful to have a separate thread so people can directly search, rather than info be…

Started by Gerri

13 Mar 8, 2011

Quality varies in social networking websites for diabetics

I just received this press release from the team we work with on TuAnalyze. It's got some great findings as well as things we can learn fro…

Started by Manny Hernandez

33 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Manny Hernandez

Please participate: Survey on diabetes information seeking behaviors ($5 Target gift card)

I am currently a graduate student at the University of Minnesota. For my study, I am writing on a paper on online community users' diabetes…

Started by sei

4 May 17, 2010
Reply by sei

Nutrition Classes

Just took a Diabetic class for re-education today learned some new things very relaxed and interactive. Although we feel nutrition is vita…

Started by Phill Dill

5 Apr 2, 2010
Reply by Phill Dill

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service