All Discussions Tagged 'insulin' (498)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

8 yesterday
Reply by Dave

methods of wearing a pump with a dress/skirt

i try clipping it onto the top of my skirt and putting my skirt over it but then i either get a random weird awkward block sticking out or…

Started by CozyD

39 yesterday
Reply by Kelly

Seeking Opinions about Using Humalog, Novolog, or Apidra in the Pump

Hi there, I'm diagnosed with type 1, but I've been using Humulin-R in my pump (the U-500 strength) for the past four years. I suppose you c…

Started by catendo

16 yesterday
Reply by Kelly

Insulin and history

Can anyone tell me the history of the U values of commercially available insulin the USA? I know I took U80 and U100 I believe my mom used…

Started by rick the "Blogabetic"

12 on Wednesday
Reply by swisschocolate

Insulin differences

What are the differences between Humalog/Novolog/Apidra? How about Lantus and Levemir? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Started by Dee

6 on Monday
Reply by Sensorium139

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

31 on Sunday
Reply by Carol99

Power outages and insulin

We had a wind storm here last night and power got knocked out for large swaths of the city. My power was out from about 11 PM until almost…

Started by Jen

7 Oct 24
Reply by meee

Active woman (tennis, golf, yoga, Pilates, etc.) needs advice on pump choice

I've been using a Medtronic Paradigm pump for 10 years, and my latest one is long out of warranty. (Still have an old back-up pump, though.…

Started by Gamin

26 Oct 19
Reply by Nell

New Accu Chek Aviva EXPERT Meter with bolus calculator

Has anyone received yet the new Aviva Expert meter that has a bolus calculator similar to those used in pumps? The FDA has approved it and…

Started by SPICYSMOM

3 Oct 13
Reply by Kelly

Dawn Syndrome?

Hey guys, So, I've been getting big blood sugar spikes that start when I wake up (8am) until I bolus for lunch (1:00). Post meal BG also re…

Started by mohe0001

28 Oct 10
Reply by mohe0001

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service