All Discussions Tagged 'insulin' (507)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Timing a Bolus

I'm using Novolog for bolus now but having trouble figuring out how long before eating to shoot up. I'm still going to 170 or so for meals…

Started by LilliD

19 6 hours ago
Reply by jack

inhalable insulin?

I was just reading a free diabetes magazine and there was an interesting article. Apparently in June the FDA approved Afrezza, a rapid acti…

Started by ANTONIA RETMAN

9 on Monday
Reply by Jen

Insulin Resistance at night?

I am beyond frustrated and have tried everything you can imagine so I'm turning to my fellow diabetic friends for some advice. During the d…

Started by LiL MaMa

16 on Saturday
Reply by Christopher

why don't we inject insulin intravenously?

I had a thought in the shower today (as one does). Two of the major obstacles to better glycemic control are the slow absorption of subcuta…

Started by niccolo

39 Dec 9
Reply by JustLookin

are basal insulin readings always low in people with LADA?

If you are moving towards a LADA diagnosis, you don't produce sufficient insulin and you are usually insulin sensitive, at least in the ear…

Started by v/prediabetic

3 Dec 6
Reply by JohnG

Starting Bolus Insulin

I'm going to start bolus insulin with a NovoLog FlexPen. For the past year I've been struggling with only diet and oral meds for post prand…

Started by LilliD

17 Dec 5
Reply by Dave

My biggest insulin pen fear!

Hey all, I'm a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic aged 17, meaning that i still go to school. My biggest fear is giving myself an insulin shot…

Started by Adele

24 Dec 3
Reply by Adele

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

41 Nov 30
Reply by niccolo

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

10 Nov 25
Reply by elizabetta

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

35 Nov 23
Reply by biggrey

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service