All Discussions Tagged 'insulin' (488)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

WHAT DOES INSULIN SMELL LIKE TO YOU?

I was talking to a few peeps about this some say it's an awful smell some think it is pleasant. Just about everyone has something else they…

Started by Timothy

64 20 hours ago
Reply by Kathyann

MDI and Copays

I've been pumping for the past 4 years and thinking of going back to MDI do to the cost. My question is if you take 2 different insulin's w…

Started by adam nash

15 22 hours ago
Reply by karen

IMPORTANT! Update to my previous post about insulin pumps and flying

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/34/9/1932.full http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-flight-diabetics-idUSTRE77I6EU20110819

Started by LiL MaMa

16 yesterday
Reply by Shadow Dragon

Can you change from Type 2 to Type 1?

I've always wondered if when a person that has Type 2 diabetes ends up going on insulin, no longer producing any of their own,when medicati…

Started by Susan Lopez

79 on Sunday
Reply by IanC

How long can a type 1 diabetic go without insulin

How long can a type 1 diabetic go without insulin? I will be given an MRI this week that is an hour and 30 minutes long and cannot wear my…

Started by LiL MaMa

25 on Friday
Reply by Mimikins

Is it safe if insulin pump passes through scanners?

I have heard that insulin pump should not pass through scanners as they can malfunction. Does anybody in this forum has any knowledge/exper…

Started by SweetBaby

24 on Thursday
Reply by Wanderingbookworm

New Accu Chek Aviva EXPERT Meter with bolus calculator

Has anyone received yet the new Aviva Expert meter that has a bolus calculator similar to those used in pumps? The FDA has approved it and…

Started by SPICYSMOM

2 Sep 13
Reply by Rob Roy

Bolus calculations help needed (sensitivity to insulin) - a la Think like a pancreas

I'm reading Scheiner's Think Like a Pancreas. According to Table 7-4 Sensitivity to insulin based on daily insulin usage, I would be somewh…

Started by lh378

9 Sep 11
Reply by Ortiz233

How do u change from nite insulin to day.

I have my lowest readings at nite while I sleep. The amount of insulin is. Not doing it post and after meals. I wake up 120 FBS. Eat a no c…

Started by Vikki

10 Sep 10
Reply by Sarah

Low dose Insulin challenges and low carb diets

I would like to eat low carb because the laws of small numbers make sense. (Although, the dietitian, and even the CDE would both like for m…

Started by lh378

28 Sep 9
Reply by lh378

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service