All Discussions Tagged 'insulin' (435)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From Insulin to Pill

Today my doctor commented me of the possibility of changing my treatment from insulin to a huge probability of taking pill medications to c…

Started by LadyNononoke

9 22 hours ago
Reply by LadyNononoke

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

2 on Wednesday
Reply by SugarFreed

Where do you order pump supplies?

I think I posted this in the wrong forum - sorry haven't been on here in a while..... Just curious where others order their insulin pump su…

Started by Tikicristi

13 Apr 8
Reply by JenJen777

What if you could get insulin without needles?

We tend to equate insulin delivery with needles: we have to! Even the best infusion sets available require inserting the cannula with the h…

Started by Manny Hernandez

160 Apr 6
Reply by Sugar Bertie

Are you a LADA? What are your Total Daily Doses?

Lately someone started a survey on here about TDD – I found that very interesting and would like to specifically ask the Type 1.5 or LADA d…

Started by julez_79

55 Mar 29
Reply by Bubbagaga

Insulin nirvana

We're a long way from it, but progress is constant, and in the right direction. What is Insulin Nirvana? Simply, the day PWD have an insuli…

Started by Dave

16 Mar 28
Reply by Dave

Insulin and Part B Medicare

Does anyone get their Insulin via Part B Medicare ? No one in my area seems to know how to process it as well as be able to tell me the cos…

Started by wallskev

6 Mar 25
Reply by Zoe

Weight-loss On Pump

Ok I've been a Type1 for almost 25 years now and pumping over a year with a Paradigm722. I have gained weight since starting the pump and I…

Started by Drexxy

36 Mar 13
Reply by JohnG

Is it safe to mix all sorts of insulins ?

Hi all, I have a question about mixing insulins, and not in one and the same syringe of course. I read in Scheiner t.ex. that sometimes NP…

Started by Tabacblond

11 Mar 10
Reply by Tabacblond

C-PEPTIDE QUESTION

I have been an insulin pump user for quite a few years. With this last pump (about 4-5 yrs. old), I just squeeked past with the c-peptides.…

Started by Lois

9 Mar 8
Reply by Lois

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service