All Discussions Tagged 'insurance' (123)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grrr... Strips for Medtronic Paired Glucose Meter no Longer covered by my insurance

I use the Bayer Contour Next link glucometer that was provided with my new Medtronic 530g pump in late 2013.My insurance company is Medical…

Started by Brunetta

8 13 hours ago
Reply by acidrock23

Has Obamacare Changed anything for Insurance?

Hi everyone! Forgive me if this has already been hit on as a topic. Because of the new laws with insurance, my folks have informed me that…

Started by Captain

10 on Saturday
Reply by bjm2363

Help ! How to pay for expensive pump! After insurance, co-pay $5000!

Pennsylvania, USA. Do Type one diabetics qualify for medical assistance? My 21-year-old (diabetic since 13) expressed interest in using an…

Started by Linda M. Jones

11 Aug 20
Reply by Alyssa

Prior Authorization for test stips

Hello everyone, I have recently changed insurance which has made everything that I get related to DM management be re-evaluated. My insurer…

Started by nrioles

0 Aug 5

RE: coverage of CGM's

Now hopefully, I can attach the article, but in a nutshell it said that 75% of healthcare spending on diabetes is related to treatment for…

Started by artwoman

53 Jul 26
Reply by artwoman

Any advice on putting pump on homeowners insurance (against loss or theft) ?

Just checked with my homeowners insurance carrier. They list insulin pumps with hearing aids (which are frequently lost) and the rates seem…

Started by barryb

2 Jul 11
Reply by smitty124

Apidra lost and found?

In December, 2012, I was told by my insurance company , Medical Mutual, that they will no longer be covering Apidra, but that all I need to…

Started by Brunetta

15 Jul 8
Reply by Rockin' Granny

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

3 Jul 1
Reply by mlebois

An American insurance lament or the battle of the working poor.

About me: I'm a 49 year old male who has been type 1 diabetic for a little over 30 years. I've seen treatment change over the years. Curren…

Started by Rafael

10 Jun 30
Reply by Rafael

Monthly Medical Costs and Insurance Options

So, I already signed up for medical coverage with through the Covered California website and selected Blue Shield of California. I put toge…

Started by DFresh

0 Jun 18

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service