All Discussions Tagged 'insurance' (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

2 yesterday
Reply by SugarFreed

I think the government is lying to me...

Hi guys. I know it has been a while, but I have a question regarding insurance. I was getting insurance through my dad's employer. However,…

Started by TimmyMac

6 Mar 24
Reply by Judith in Portland

Insurances that cover pump

Hi! I'm moving to States soon and I am currently using a Medtronic Minimed 722 pump in Spain . I don't know if someone could advise me abou…

Started by churi2k

9 Mar 22
Reply by pancreaswanted

Where/how do you get test strips?

This might seem like a really dumb question, but where do you get your test strips? My new GP gave me a prescription for them (I kept forge…

Started by Lilli D

23 Mar 1
Reply by acidrock23

Calling all self employed Diabetics with health insurance

I am currently not working outside of the home and hubby is an independent contractor. My COBRA is running out and individual insurance wil…

Started by Sara

20 Feb 26
Reply by mohe0001

Just really need some prayers/good thoughts sent my way is all. Worst day in a while.

Before TL;DR, at least read the last line. I've been cut from my current state assistance health insurance because "I'm not disabled and t…

Started by ashleypfuntner

30 Feb 16
Reply by Eric

Insurance loss

My insurance company recently just dropped me and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what I can do to continue to get even a little…

Started by Kaycee

10 Feb 14
Reply by Kaycee

Insulin change due to insurance

Hello! I'm 27 and have been a type 1 for almost 11 years! (this June) I was recently told by insurance that my fast acting insulin Novolog…

Started by Shellybz

6 Jan 24
Reply by Shellybz

insurance!!!!!!

I started with a new insurance January 1. I went to get my insulin filled at the pharmacy today, and they informed me that it would cost $2…

Started by trishst20

26 Jan 23
Reply by AngelaC

A New Credo for Diabetes Health Insurance Coverage Decisions

Visit DiabetesMine.com for the full and original posting written by Amy Tenderich, as well as to provide feedback January 21, 2014 Rem L…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Jan 23

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service