All Discussions Tagged 'islet' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pancreatic islet auto-transplantation

So, I was talking to a woman today whom was in a bad car accident, destroying 80% of her pancreas, had it removed and had an auto-islet cel…

Started by Sarah

8 Nov 27
Reply by meee

Islet Cell antibody test level decreased to none

Hi, My son was dx'd 9 months ago at age 8. His A1C was 13.9. He was GADA negative and his ICA (islet cell antibody) level was 1:8. Over the…

Started by dawniew3

2 Feb 14, 2013
Reply by Gerri

Reversal of type 1 diabetes via islet β cell regeneration

Reversal of type 1 diabetes via islet β cell regeneration following immune modulation by cord blood-derived multipotent stem cells Research…

Started by Emily Coles

7 May 18, 2012
Reply by Bryan Acosta

A New Approach to Treating Type I Diabetes?

Article in DiabetesCare.net 4/3/12 A study by Columbia researchers suggests that cells in the patient's intestine could be coaxed into mak…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Apr 6, 2012

Islet Transplant patient here

Hey there everyone - so I have finally gotten around to poking around the site, here, and this seemed like a decent place to begin. I am Ja…

Started by Jason Turner

11 Oct 28, 2011
Reply by MyBustedPancreas

Please Help Compel a Possible Cure

Please take a moment to send an E-mail to ask Dr. Jochen Maas , Director of Diabetes Research and Development at Sanofi-aventis, to continu…

Started by Donna H

101 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Donna H

Diabecell - Encapsulated Islet Cells

This seems pretty cool, no immunosuppression required. Check out the link...http://www.lctglobal.com/Product-Pipeline/Diabecell/

Started by Bradley

5 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Gary

A Paradigm Shift in Diabetes Treatments

I am interested in the 'next generation' of diabetes treatments. It looks like islet cell regeneration is definitely making some headway an…

Started by Allie Beatty

0 Aug 24, 2010

LCT--Phase II Human Trials for DIABECELL

From www.lctglobal.com newslettter:   Living Cell Technologies Receives Approval to Progress its Human Phase II Trial of DIABECELL® treatme…

Started by Gerri

0 Mar 29, 2010

Can we survive without a fully functioning liver when it's become transplanted with pancreas islet cells?

Imagine if pancreas islet cells transplanted into your liver meant that you would be cured of diabetes! Well, apparently, this is what happ…

Started by FatCatAnna

1 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Scott

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service