All Discussions Tagged 'lantus' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

splitting long acting dose

Why do some people split their long acting dose, so for example they'll take 10 units in the morning then 10 at night rather than taking th…

Started by Dani

24 on Monday
Reply by Christopher

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

2 Apr 15
Reply by SugarFreed

lantus dose

I am just curious, does everyone split their lantus dose? Is there anybody that takes the whole dose at once? I am taking 8u at 7pm and 4 a…

Started by andrea

107 Mar 13
Reply by TimmyMac

Interested in a Diabetes Teen Youtube Channel?

Hello! I was sorta thinking last night.... I wanted to see if anyone was interested in maybe making a youtube channel about diabetes! First…

Started by Caren

0 Feb 15

Lantus insulin

I just have a question for anyone that uses lantus insulin. I have been taking it for a long time and I always take it between 4:30pm and 5…

Started by Rommel17

5 Jan 17
Reply by Rommel17

How much does your insulin cost?

Hi all,I'm a diabetes educator. I started someone on a pump today. She has to pay for her insulin, then get reimbursed. Two vials of Humalo…

Started by Joy Pape

54 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by A. Barney

I am new to this website....

Hello, I am new to this website and just wanted to stop by and say hi! My name is Caren and I am 15 years old. I was diagnosed with type 1…

Started by Caren

9 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by Caren

Another use for Lantus?

Dear all, I'm way overstocked with lantus (long acting/night insulin), and I fear that much of my lantus will expire before I use them. Thi…

Started by TaupeLime

8 Sep 23, 2012
Reply by garidan

Switching from the pump to the pen

Hi! I'm Hannah. I've been a diabetic for 9 years now. I was dx when I was 11 and started the pump at age 12. I hardly remember anything abo…

Started by CupcakeOrgans

16 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by Marius

Lantus vs Humulin N?

Extra pokes and cost aside, is there anything I should be concerned about when transitioning from Lantus to Humulin N? I wouldn't switch if…

Started by Jorychi

13 Aug 15, 2012
Reply by Robert

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service