All Discussions Tagged 'liver' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why do T1 diabetics have a decreased glucagon response to hypos?

Is it caused by too many hypos and stress on the system, or does it go away along with the insulin production? Anyone have a good explanati…

Started by Scott A

26 Apr 3
Reply by Scott A

Convenia: A Dangerous Veterinary Drug: Please don't ever use this drug for your cats and dogs!

Hello Everyone, Last september my baby girl Angelina passed from this earth suddenly and tragically. She had what seemed to be a cold and w…

Started by meee

6 Aug 13, 2013
Reply by meee

Help! Sugar just won't come down :(

Ok guys I am at a bit of a stand still and I'm totally frustrated with my body right now :( Saw my endo last Monday and it was bad news. No…

Started by chrissi

45 Nov 19, 2012
Reply by jims

Zactos side effects in T1 diabetics

I have been taking Zactos since last May in order to keep my liver from producing so much glucose. Even though Zactos is traditionally pres…

Started by goldierox

1 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by Gerri

Thank you, liver?

OK I'm too embarrassed to post the starting numbers (really) but I've been fasting for over fifteen hours (mostly sleeping because I didn't…

Started by LaGuitariste

18 Aug 9, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

If you have uncontrolled diabetes, does this disqualify you from using Pump therapy?

Hello, everyone~ I have a friend whose husband has Type 1 diabetes, for over 30 years now. He doesn't have very good control right now, on…

Started by Jessica05

28 May 26, 2011
Reply by Natalie

Cleanses and Detoxes while on insulin

I started seeing an naturopath for some advice on improving my immune system and energy levels. I have Type 1 and hypothyroidism and he sug…

Started by Kelly

7 Aug 15, 2010
Reply by JustLookin

Can we survive without a fully functioning liver when it's become transplanted with pancreas islet cells?

Imagine if pancreas islet cells transplanted into your liver meant that you would be cured of diabetes! Well, apparently, this is what happ…

Started by FatCatAnna

1 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Scott

Islet Cell Transplant in Injured Airman

Seen this? Islet cells transplanted to liver http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/15/landmark-trauma-surgery-was-a-collaborative-eff

Started by Terry Keelan

1 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Twenty Dollar Surgery

I just finished my first liver/gallbladder cleanse. It was very successful! 8 stones! After researching it for a few months and having year…

Started by Next Dimensions

57 Sep 19, 2007
Reply by Next Dimensions

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service