All Discussions Tagged 'low' (188)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Struggling with Hypo-Unawareness – and confused as to why I would suffer from it

Hello All, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about 2 years ago, I am doing mostly ok, but have noticed an increased hypoglycemia unaware…

Started by julez_79

26 Feb 22
Reply by Holger Schmeken

Treating rebound highs

So as I sit here and ponder how high I am going to end up after (over?)correcting a low, I wonder, how long do others wait after a low befo…

Started by ryryguy392

10 Jan 29
Reply by meee

Nightime Low Blood sugar Monitoring Products

Hi all, I am looking for any & all recommendations for products that are currently available for monitoring (and alerting) you of hypog…

Started by RogerAlyn

9 Jan 20
Reply by meee

Twenty minutes or more until eating glucose is showing effect?

Hey all, today I went through the unpleasant experience of a significant low – and it took a long time to get back to a safe BS, which real…

Started by julez_79

5 Jan 18
Reply by newbeach

Endo says that any A1C under 7 is ok

And I am struggling. Seven days ago, she asked me to reduce my basal from 10.5 to 8.00. a reduction of .1 to each hourly basal. I admit, th…

Started by Spock

128 Jan 18
Reply by mohe0001

Lows and how to treat them

I was wondering how everyone deals with a low. Do you eat a certain amount of carbs and wait for it to come up. I'm having really bad lows…

Started by Alisha

29 Jan 16
Reply by Kari

How to stay calm during a low and how often do you have one

How do you react when you are rapidly dropping or low? I tend to freak out. Any ideas on how to stay calm? How often do you have a low?

Started by LiL MaMa

37 Jan 10
Reply by mohe0001

What happened, was this a low?

Hello Everyone, Friday evening at some point after dinner I dropped to 66 which is a mild low for me. I was feeling a bit fatigued and havi…

Started by meee

8 Jan 10
Reply by meee

Treating extreme lows

hi all, i have just recently purchased my first glycogen hypo needle thing. i was just wondering if there were other ways of treating a low…

Started by Adele

33 Jan 7
Reply by meee

No Signs of Low Blood Sugar

I have had type one diabetes for 6 years now. My blood sugar doesn't go low very often but when it has I have always felt the symptoms. The…

Started by Christina

8 Jan 6
Reply by Patti

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service