All Discussions Tagged 'low' (173)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Low Carb Food- Your FAV?

Cheese has to be most high on my list. What is yours?

Started by 1DebY

89 Nov 13
Reply by 1DebY

More Proof that Low-Carb Diets Are Good

As if we needed any, right? I know it's been a long time since I last posted--medical school's insane. Yeah, I knew what I was getting myse…

Started by guitarnut

19 Nov 8
Reply by Sam

Quick Update

Just an update since my last visit to NIH in July when I was diagnosed with LADA. My A1c was 5.9 while eating the recommended 60 grams carb…

Started by bjm2363

62 Nov 1
Reply by bjm2363

Lows....Running the Train!

So am I the only one that thinks, "oh I can do this." I was in range after lunch, went and taught my course, then stopped to do a couple er…

Started by Zoe

36 Oct 28
Reply by Terry

Lows and how to treat them

I was wondering how everyone deals with a low. Do you eat a certain amount of carbs and wait for it to come up. I'm having really bad lows…

Started by Alisha

24 Oct 24
Reply by Mocha

Low Blood sugar and extreme Fatigue?

So, this morning I had 2 hypoglycemic readings (I'm pretty sure the cause was from me starting a new slightly more intense exercise routine…

Started by Meesh

4 Sep 16
Reply by Zoe

Ice Cream for PWD

I stumbled upon this video, recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6Jh6NAtzQ I've started using the same method, except I use heavy cr…

Started by Sam Iam

9 Sep 15
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Bolus calculations help needed (sensitivity to insulin) - a la Think like a pancreas

I'm reading Scheiner's Think Like a Pancreas. According to Table 7-4 Sensitivity to insulin based on daily insulin usage, I would be somewh…

Started by lh378

9 Sep 11
Reply by Ortiz233

Other Than the Obvious, What Causes Drops in Blood Glucose?

So far, my list includes: - insulin doses out of balance with carbohydrate intake - very low carb intake, skipped meals, fasts (with no dos…

Started by Eucritta

20 Aug 27
Reply by A. Barney

Seizures

In the Facebook Joslin medalist group someone asked if any of us had experienced seizures due to low blood sugar. Every medalist had been t…

Started by Richard157

18 Aug 15
Reply by Doris D

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service