All Discussions Tagged 'low-carb' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Top 23 Low Carb Snacks

Here are the top 23 favorite low-carb snacks as they appear on another diabetes site. Do you have any to add? Peanut butter Cheddar cheese…

Started by Richard157

221 Jun 23
Reply by funkynassau

How Many Carbs Do You Eat per Meal per Day?

I try to shoot for no more than 50 gr per meal and shoot for under 200 total per day. But reading in Jenny's blog, I am thinking I should b…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1310 May 4
Reply by still_young_at_heart

Breakfast ideas

Does anyone have any low-carb breakfast ideas that do not involve eggs, cheese, or peanuts? I've been instructed by my allergist to avoid d…

Started by Jen

49 Apr 13
Reply by Sarah

Breakfasts 6g carb or less...ideas anyone?

Hi all, I have trouble with my morning numbers if I eat anything at all...I was experimenting with intermittent fasting and had great morni…

Started by Jennifer

27 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by JustLookin

Portable low-carb food for a Type 2

I frequently have to attend meetings, workshops, etc. two hours away from my home. I eat low-carb, high protein with veggies. I find it har…

Started by Leigh Ann

15 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by Marie B

Do you think a Low Carb Diet is bad for a Type 1?

I have been thinking about going low carb for a while but my doctor does not think its a good idea. I had to fast for a test over a year ag…

Started by Kristi

50 Sep 18, 2013
Reply by ashleypfuntner

Baked Tilapia or Flounder With Peppers and Tomatoes

I found this recipe and many more by Charles Mattocks (aka "The Poor Chef"), who was recently diagnosed with type 2, on DoctorOz.com  I hav…

Started by Emily Coles

1 Mar 6, 2013
Reply by C Irons

Taking insulin for protein and fat!

Hey there, I've been experimenting with a low carb diet and am noticing that I need to take insulin for fat and protein in my foods. I can'…

Started by Hannah Hamlin

15 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Hannah Hamlin

Tuna Burger

Very simple, looks delicious, probably healthier than a "regular" burger.  Recipe by Charles Mattocks (aka "The Poor Chef") Ingredients 10…

Started by Emily Coles

3 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Pastelpainter

Low Carb Meals Cheaply - Any Suggestions

In this day of age where we are money conscious and penny pinching, do you have ideas on how to prepare low carb meals cheaply. What are yo…

Started by Michael Hutch

45 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Chris Reid

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service