All Discussions Tagged 'medical' (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Medical ID Bracelets (or other jewellery)

My question today is about medical id jewellery... When I was first diagnosed 25 years ago I had a medic alert bracelet but I admit I haven…

Started by Crystal

29 Nov 13
Reply by 1DebY

ACA Insurance Coverage: From Syringes to Pump

I am a 29 year old T1 diabetic. For a long time I have been uninsured and had been injecting with syringes and vials since it was the cheap…

Started by DFresh

3 Jul 1
Reply by mlebois

Monthly Medical Costs and Insurance Options

So, I already signed up for medical coverage with through the Covered California website and selected Blue Shield of California. I put toge…

Started by DFresh

0 Jun 18

How much to tell?

I am a big tattle-tail. When I go to a medical provider, I have a list of medications from different types of providers, a psychiatrist, a…

Started by sdkate

7 May 23
Reply by Amy

OmniPod and ACA

Hi, I'm a pretty satisfied OmniPod user here. Been experiencing somewhat frequent POD errors lately but still it's pretty alright. I was ma…

Started by Anonymous D :)

1 Jan 14
Reply by Anonymous D :)

Medical Alert ID's

I hate to make this a BIG issue, but it's getting to be one all on it's own. Do you wear a medical alert ID? Why/why not? I have had one si…

Started by sdkate

78 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by DaveMH

Good Quality and Best Price Insuline Syringes

Hey guys! I started a research on good quality insulin syringes and I have found this really good distributor/ wholesaler. I know we strugg…

Started by Stephanie Hills

0 Jul 8, 2013

I need advise on dealing with docs

I am a type 2 diabetic, have been for 12 years. I have been on oral meds for since day 1. I have a low carb diet of 60 carbs a day, and exe…

Started by sdkate

19 Jun 1, 2013
Reply by jims

Taxes: Maximize Your Diabetes Medical Expense Deductions

Article in Diabetes Daily By David Edelman Finishing up your taxes? Diabetes can be extraordinarily expensive, so don’t miss any of these…

Started by Emily Coles

8 Apr 8, 2013
Reply by Gerri

Why are we not supposed to put an infusion site too close to our belly buttons?

I am totally confused as to why I keep reading to stay 2 to 4 inches away from the belly button when inserting an infusion set. I wasn't to…

Started by Suzanne

23 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by TeeBee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service