All Discussions Tagged 'mental' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you handle long term diabetic depression?

I will be the first person to admit that I suffer from depression, according to the records of my therp it is CHRONIC, SEVERE, LONG LASTING…

Started by sdkate

41 May 22
Reply by Fraser

I understand DENIAL but it annoys me when Diabetics complain about their health and don't take care of themselves.

I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for 32 years now and the older I get the more I want to smack stupid upside its head. My cousin Patty died fr…

Started by david-1968

62 Mar 9
Reply by david-1968

Diabetes and depression: The impact of this widespread disease on the brain is often overlooked

(Medical Xpress)— The complications of uncontrolled diabetes are well recognized: nerve damage, kidney disease, blindness, and circulation…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

2 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by lotsofshots

Bipolar disorder and Type 1 diabetes

I'm wondering does anyone else have bipolar disorder and Type 1 diabetes? Have you had problems managing your diabetes and bipolar disorder…

Started by Cherise

18 Apr 17, 2013
Reply by Judy

New Evidence Review: Diabetes + Untreated Depression = Increased Risk of Death

People living with diabetes who also have untreated depression are at increased risk of death, according to a recent evidence review in Gen…

Started by CFAH

0 Mar 1, 2013

dia-cide... ("suicide" by diabetes)

There are many stories here and elsewhere of those who have "given-up", quite literally people who quit being diabetics or even acknowledgi…

Started by Stuart

131 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Stuart

Blissful diabetes..........?!

I am never blissful or joyous about diabetes.  Are you?   Like my heart, or my lungs my diabetes dragon is always doing something in the ba…

Started by Stuart

49 Sep 3, 2012
Reply by Brunetta

Diabetic Mind... explore it?!

When does our vigilance, our attempts at "control" become too much, a mental condition per se? Can we test "too much"? If we literally will…

Started by Stuart

110 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by Clare

Diabetes is Mental

Its been almost 30 yrs I have had Type 1 Diabetes and for 15 of them I have had a condition of mental disturbance. So what does that m…

Started by Brian Piccolo

46 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by Josh F

I am dealing with C-PTSD and T1 and the clinic I go to wont understand... Do you?

Hi all... I am new to this site but I hope someone here can help me.... I am 28 yrs old and I have been living with T1 for 17 years. Befo…

Started by Sunny1982

44 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Sunny1982

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service