All Discussions Tagged 'misdiagnosis' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New to diabetes and frustrated

First, THANK YOU for this site! Next, I am leaving for the holiday weekend so if I do not respond to posts right away, it's because I am o…

Started by Lil~Bit

5 on Saturday
Reply by acidrock23

newly diagnosed as LADA just overwhelmed

My new endo just informed me that I'm likely LADA, I tested positive on 1 out of 3 positive anti bodies. This is all very new. Where do I l…

Started by lh378

20 Aug 22
Reply by vpg

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

202 Aug 14
Reply by Randinator

My new Position Paper: The Patient-Centered Approach for the Person with Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes

Finally, my position paper is done! Here is the link to my blog. Many thanks to Kris, Michael, Marybeth, and Jen for contributing your stor…

Started by Melitta

8 Aug 4
Reply by Kate

Question about Type 1 vs Type 2

I understand the difference between type 1 and type 2. But I have a question about it. If you are type 2 and your pancreas burns out, are y…

Started by Misty

34 May 20
Reply by DiabetikIvo

When to make a fuss?

I don't know if I have LADA or something else diabetes. I had reactive hypoglycemia for years growing up (actually diagnosed when I was in…

Started by CQJ

80 Apr 18
Reply by Lilli D

Doctors/medical community don't care that Type 1s are misdiagnosed

For 18 years, I have tried to change the mindset that Type 1 diabetes is a childhood disease, and to get people with adult-onset Type 1 dia…

Started by Melitta

48 Mar 12
Reply by dishers

LADA is addressed in an ADA position statement on patient-centered approach to managing Type 2 Diabetes

A new ADA position paper on managing Type 2 diabetes advises considering the possibility of LADA in lean "Type 2" patients. Progress! While…

Started by Melitta

13 Jan 16
Reply by Jeannene Herber

Double Diabetes

DOUBLE DIABETES There were no diabetes "types" when I was diagnosed in 1945. All people diagnosed with diabetes were treated with insulin t…

Started by Richard157

24 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Richard157

article on monogenic diabetes (MODY) in Chicago Sun-Times

Below are some excerpts from a Chicago Sun-Times article entitled "Diabetes expert Dr. Louis Philipson stresses importance of accurate diag…

Started by Melitta

2 Sep 15, 2013
Reply by marty1492

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service