All Discussions Tagged 'misdiagnosis' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

237 Nov 11
Reply by Laddie

Doctors/medical community don't care that Type 1s are misdiagnosed

For 18 years, I have tried to change the mindset that Type 1 diabetes is a childhood disease, and to get people with adult-onset Type 1 dia…

Started by Melitta

52 Nov 10
Reply by DFresh

Has anyone been labeled type 1.5 (LADA), but type 2 could still be a possibility?

My endocrinologist has recently labeled by diabetes a type 1.5 (LADA). This was based on my C-Peptide test (0.66 out of range of normal 0.8…

Started by Chris W

8 Oct 24
Reply by Tim

Can you change from Type 2 to Type 1?

I've always wondered if when a person that has Type 2 diabetes ends up going on insulin, no longer producing any of their own,when medicati…

Started by Susan Lopez

81 Oct 9
Reply by Brian (bsc)

New to diabetes and frustrated

First, THANK YOU for this site! Next, I am leaving for the holiday weekend so if I do not respond to posts right away, it's because I am o…

Started by Lil~Bit

14 Sep 3
Reply by Lil~Bit

newly diagnosed as LADA just overwhelmed

My new endo just informed me that I'm likely LADA, I tested positive on 1 out of 3 positive anti bodies. This is all very new. Where do I l…

Started by lh378

20 Aug 22
Reply by vpg

My new Position Paper: The Patient-Centered Approach for the Person with Adult-Onset Type 1 Diabetes

Finally, my position paper is done! Here is the link to my blog. Many thanks to Kris, Michael, Marybeth, and Jen for contributing your stor…

Started by Melitta

8 Aug 4
Reply by Kate

Question about Type 1 vs Type 2

I understand the difference between type 1 and type 2. But I have a question about it. If you are type 2 and your pancreas burns out, are y…

Started by Misty

34 May 20
Reply by DiabetikIvo

When to make a fuss?

I don't know if I have LADA or something else diabetes. I had reactive hypoglycemia for years growing up (actually diagnosed when I was in…

Started by CQJ

80 Apr 18
Reply by LilliD

LADA is addressed in an ADA position statement on patient-centered approach to managing Type 2 Diabetes

A new ADA position paper on managing Type 2 diabetes advises considering the possibility of LADA in lean "Type 2" patients. Progress! While…

Started by Melitta

13 Jan 16
Reply by Jeannene Herber

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service