All Discussions Tagged 'no' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pancreatic Auto Immune Disorder (P.A.I.D.)

Pancreatic Auto Immune Disorder (P.A.I.D.) I have been steamed all weekend over the latest "surveys" of medical organizations about the epi…

Started by Sheryl Hart

31 Feb 17
Reply by Sheryl Hart

Type 1 food fasting, a water fast and a juice fast

I figured someone might be able to use some of this data. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 29 years (I'm 30). In the past year I have done…

Started by Isara

15 Jan 1, 2013
Reply by Spock

Questions about metformin and diagnosis

I was diagnosed with diabetes last year, but the dr gave me no label type 1 or type 2 (at the time of the diagnosis my values were nearly 6…

Started by Smile

7 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by Melitta

Is it worth it to buy the omnipod without insurance?

I ask this because my doc wants me to get on a pump system since i'm very active and since my insurance company dropped me the omnipod seem…

Started by Ryan

37 Jul 5, 2012
Reply by christy

Bolus delivery from pump suddenly having no effect.

As stated in the title, my pump boluses suddenly stopped working yesterday. The bolus runs fine, none of those annoying "NO DELIVERY" or "M…

Started by Diabeetus

11 Jan 1, 2012
Reply by Trudy

Type 1 & Fasting Labs... why do they bother?!?!?!

Time for the new series of "lab work" (ie fasting). Why on earth do THEY waste our time with the fasting portion of the bloodwork??? Why on…

Started by Stuart

87 May 25, 2011
Reply by latvianchick

Operation Blood Sugar fail

Hi everyone. For those of you who caught my last post yesterday about my blood sugar/insulin pump dramas and Animas recommendation, I've up…

Started by Katie www.princessofpavement.com

6 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Katie www.princessofpavement.com

When you're really in need of a prick, what do you do?

Hi all,I ran into a bit of a situation on the weekend where I was locked out of my car, just about to embark on a 32 km run, when I realize…

Started by Katie www.princessofpavement.com

13 Sep 24, 2010
Reply by Holger Schmeken

Low BG...However I don't want to eat!?

Today I wake up with a BG of 44 mg/dl, I didn't feel hungry or the eager to eat! Not much of low symptoms either, felt little dizziness, no…

Started by Ahmad

13 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by Ahmad

A simple question --- starting your day out right

This isn't a hard question, nor does it require a lot of debate.I am a type II on meds, metformin, amaryl, and januvia.  I exercise at 8:00…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

2 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by carb101

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service